Who is the best auto accident lawyer in Houston, TX?
Thousands of people are killed each year in car crashes that occurred because a driver was speeding. When a driver is speeding, it takes them longer to react to activity around them and it also take them longer to stop their vehicles. The impact of a crash with a speeding car is also more likely to result in catastrophic or fatal injuries due to the force of that impact when the speeding car slams into the other vehicle.
Why Do Driver Speed?
Every driver knows what the speed limit signs mean, and every driver knows that failure to abide by those signs can result in harsh traffic fines. Yet, so many drivers still disregard those signs and speed. Some of the more common reasons why include:
- Time: One of the most common reasons why driver speed is because they are running late to work, an appointment, or other reason. Drivers will travel above the speed limit in these situations because they do not want to risk the consequences of being late, however, they fail to realize what the consequences can be for speeding.
- Traffic: It can be frustrating getting caught in a traffic jam, especially if you need to be somewhere, such as work or a doctor’s appointment, and sitting in traffic causes you to lose time. Once the traffic begins to lighten up, many drivers will hit the gas pedal in order to make up the time lost. They may also speed because they are frustrated with other motorists driving around them too slowly.
- Anonymity: This may seem like a surprising one, but it is in fact one of the most common ones. But a lot of drivers feel since other drivers on the road with them do not know them, they feel more comfortable not obeying all the rules, such as the speed limit.
Not only does speeding create a dangerous place for other drivers and passengers of the speeding driver, it also creates the following consequences:
- More fuel consumption
- Affects the driver’s ability to notice and react to a safety hazard
- Affects the effectiveness of the vehicle’s safety equipment, such as airbags
- The impact of a speeding car affects the severity of the crash, leading to more deaths and injuries
- The impact also causes more damage to vehicles, often resulting in the vehicle being totaled and not drivable following the accident
Contact a Car Accident Attorney for Help
If you have been injured in a crash caused by a speeding driver and are asking “who is the best auto accident lawyer in Houston, TX?” at John K. Zaid & Associates, call a car accident attorney for a free case evaluation and to discuss what your legal options may be.