Hire a Brain Injury Lawyer Houston, TX Turns To
Head injuries can seem simple, but are actually one of the most dangerous injuries a person can face as a brain injury lawyer Houston, TX relies on can explain. Traumatic brain injuries or TBI can be a life-changing injuries that a person can experience. Many injuries can be completely healed but many can last a lifetime and some result in death. To begin your recovery you will need an extensive team of medical experts, a lot of treatment, monitoring and lawyers who are experienced in dealing with these types of cases.
A Houston, TX brain injury lawyer from John K. Zaid & Associates can be of assistance. We can take your case and help you get the money you need to properly heal. If you'd like to get a free consultation you can call us to schedule a free consultation.
Common Brain Injuries
The extent and nature of a brain injury varies significantly from one person to the next. What many of them share is the exorbitant cost of medical treatment. When someone experiences a brain injury because of someone else’s reckless actions, they might be held liable for the cost of medical treatment and other damages. The Houston brain injury lawyer at John K. Zaid & Associates works hard to protect the rights of clients who may not be able to do this on their own while recovering from such a traumatic injury.
Our experience with handling such complex and often emotional cases provides us with the insight and experience necessary to obtain maximum settlements for our clients. To learn more, contact our brain injury attorney for a free initial consultation.
When the head is subjected to traumatic movement, which occurs often in car accidents, it can cause a hematoma or hemorrhage in the intracranial space of the brain. In layperson’s terms, these are referred to brain bleeds. Here are some of the most common types:
- Epidural hematoma. This is a collection of blood between the dura mater and the skull. Very often it results from head trauma such as a skull fracture. A brain injury lawyer in Houston, TX from our firm may be able to negotiate a settlement on your behalf to cover the costs of emergency surgical procedures that are necessary to reduce the pressure against the brain that this condition causes. Not every victim is immediately aware that they have sustained this very serious and life threatening injury.
- Subdural hematoma. This type of brain injury is located in the subdural space between the arachnoid and the dura mater. It’s caused by the tearing of small veins that connect these two areas of the brain. Fatalities occur in 50-90% of these types of cases. If you lost a loved one in this way, contact our Houston brain injury lawyer immediately for a free consultation.
- Subarachnoid hemorrhage. This type of brain bleed is one that’s located between the pia mater and the arachnoid mater. When a brain blood vessel weakens in one area, it’s known as a brain aneurysm. A ruptured brain aneurysm can cause a subarachnoid hemorrhage. Another common cause is a head injury. Typical symptoms are an altered level of consciousness, vomiting, a severe headache, and rigid neck muscles.
- Intracerebral hemorrhage. This occurs inside of the brain tissue is usually caused by trauma, coagulation disorders, a ruptured aneurysm, a brain tumor, or an artery disease. The more severe cases often require immediate surgery.
- Intraventricular hemorrhage. This type of brain injury occurs inside the brain’s ventricles. Most often, it develops after a head injury or a ruptured aneurysm. They can prevent the cerebrospinal fluid from circulating as well as push the brain against the skull which can be very damaging. Patients may need a shunt inserted to drain the cerebrospinal fluid in order to relieve pressure on the brain.
Contact A Houston Brain Injury Lawyer
When you need to know more about how you or loved one might be eligible for a substantial settlement, contact us. After a careful review of your case, our brain injury lawyer Houston, TX residents trust can provide you with the information you need to know in order to make the important decision of what to do next.
Causes of Brain Injury
Accidents that cause head injuries are preventable. Usually, these types of injuries are due to a fall, a car accident, physical violence or just any type of small accidents. According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, 40% of brain injuries are a result of a fall and about 14% are related to a car accident. There are other causes that are less common however our lawyers at John K. Zaid & Associates can help you:
- Medical malpractice
- Birth defects
- Assault or violence
- Unintentional blunt force trauma
Symptoms of Traumatic Brain Injury
Unfortunately, a brain injury is not always so obvious and often people are not aware of the severity of their injury. If they are left untreated they can cause permanent damage. Some of the symptoms include:
- Blurred vision
- Nausea or dizziness
- Memory problems
- Difficulty concentrating
- Sensitivity to light and sounds
- Mood changes
- Loss of taste or smell
If you have been involved in any type of accident where you might have hit your head, it is important to monitor your symptoms and contact your doctor as soon as possible. Do not wait until it's too late. It is critical that you seek help before the damages can become long-lasting.
It is hard to predict how an injury of this magnitude is gonna affect the rest of your life. Scientific technology is still being developed to help health providers understand these types of injuries. brain Injuries require monitoring and extensive medical care. Even if you think the injury is minor it can have last-longing effects. Many brain injuries can result in:
- Loss of motor skills
- Chronic disease
A Brain Injury Lawyer in Houston, TX by Your Side
At John K. Zaid & Associates our brain injury lawyers work with the experts to help you with your case. We have well known and well respected medical professionals that can help us assess your diagnosis and treatment. We have extensive experience with dealing in personal injuries such as head trauma. When dealing with these types of cases we know it can be difficult and scary. You can count on our Houston, TX brain injury lawyers to be on your side and help you understand your case and the best solutions.
If you or a loved one has suffered a brain injury, whether mild or traumatic, due to an accident, John K. Zaid & Associates are available to assist and fight for you.
We will make certain that you receive the assistance and legal counsel that you require in this devastating time. We will review all pertinent and relevant documents and create a plan of action to fight for you.
At least 50,000 individuals will die from their brain injury, while around 80,000 people will face life-long injuries and rehabilitative care.
What types of compensation claims am I entitled to?
Our personal injury lawyers in Houston can help you seek compensation for:
- Current and future lost wages
- Medical expenses - current and future
- Emotional Stress
- Loss of quality of life
- Pain and suffering
Call now and ask John K. Zaid & Associates for a free consultation and learn how we will help you seek compensation after you or someone you love has had a traumatic brain injury.
Why Choose John K. Zaid & Associates?
We make sure that your case is handled in a professional manner with continuous updates while you are recovering from this injury. Certain cases are resolved prior to going to court and other cases require that we proceed through the litigation process. Either way, a brain injury lawyer Houston, TX turns to from John K. Zaid & Associates will seek and obtain the compensation that you deserve for your brain injury.