A Tenacious Construction Accident Lawyer Houston, TX Trusts
Have you been injured on a construction site and are looking for a good construction accident lawyer Houston, TX relies on? If so, look no further than John K. Zaid & Associates.
Our firm is recognized as being on the forefront of construction accident claims of all types and complexities. By retaining us to be your construction accident lawyer in Houston, you can feel confident in knowing we:
Have many years of experience in fighting construction accident claims
Prepare every claim as if it were going before a judge and jury
Usually settle for maximum compensation in aggressive mediation
Can handle any communication with your employer or insurance companies
Are honest, dependable, and supportive
Have the right resources to build a defense
May be able to arrange a medical lien for treatment
If you would like to learn more now, we encourage you to call one of our construction accident lawyers.
Injuries on Construction Sites
Construction workers are vital to the U.S. economy and infrastructure. Every day these men and women are putting their own lives at stake for the good and wellbeing of other Americans. The industry is physically demanding and often requires workers to lift heavy objects that can cause harm in a number of ways. Large mechanical equipment, extreme heights, unstable surfaces, and moving machinery are also common on construction sites. All of these factors constitute a high risk work environment. Unfortunately injuries do happen, and when they do, consulting with a Houston construction accident lawyer might be a good idea. Our firm has handled cases involving:
Scaffolding and ladder accidents
Load and unloading injuries
Collapsing structure injuries
Heavy machinery accidents
If your injury involved any of the above, or something else, you may have several options including filing for workers compensation or a separate personal injury claim. A Houston, TX construction accident lawyer can explain more to you during your free and confidential consultation.
Who Can File a Claim?
Typically the injured worker will be responsible for filing a workers compensation claim. This covers lost income, medical treatment, rehabilitation, travel costs, disability, and more. If you were not working on the construction site, but were a victim while passing by, you may be able to file a personal injury claim. Either way, a construction accident lawyer should be retained to oversee the process and ensure your rights are protected. For victims who are incapacitated (i.e. in a coma), immediate family members, such as a spouse, parent, or child may file a claim on behalf of the victim.
If you are the family member of someone who died because of a construction site accident, wrongful death benefits or compensation could be available.
All cases must adhere to a strict statute of limitations. Failing to miss these deadlines can result in your case being dismissed. It is prudent you avoid any delay.
Call a Construction Accident Lawyer Houston, TX Trusts Now
If you are ready to speak with one of our skilled construction accident lawyers, call or email us immediately to schedule your FREE case review.
Who can I sue after being injured in a construction site accident?
Injuries from a Houston, TX construction site are unfortunately all too common. They can range from moderate to life-threatening injuries and sometimes result in a fatality. What's most concerning is that many of these injuries could have been prevented. When this is true, it might warrant a claim or lawsuit based on the premises of negligence. Before you can receive compensation for a construction site accident injury, a construction accident lawyer in Houston, TX will need to determine several factors that include, but are not limited to:
- The location of the accident
- The condition of the construction site
- The equipment that was involved
- How the equipment was being used
- Who was in control of the site
- Who was in control of the equipment
- Whether the injured party was a bystander, employee, or independent contractor
- Whether any drugs or alcohol were involved
- Whether safety protocols were being practiced
These types of cases can be complex. Because of this, you should consider obtaining a construction accident lawyer to guide you through the legal process.
Who can I sue after being injured in a construction site accident?
There are several parties that could be a defendant in a legal claim or lawsuit. Some of these include:
1. The owner/manager of the property or site: The liability of the owner will depend on the control he or she has over the site. If he or she is responsible for its management, or has an obligation to the safety of the workers, they could be liable. If the owner of the property has relinquished control to another party, that party could be liable and not the owner.
2. Contractors: A general contractor has a duty to create a safe environment for workers. They must also adhere to OSHA regulations. A failure to do either, or both, could be a direct violation of their responsibilities. It could also make them liable for an injury that occurred onsite.
A prime contractor, or contractor who has been assigned a certain job, could also be held responsible for an injury. This may be especially true when any of their hired subcontractors or workers experienced an injury while working on the job.
3. Equipment manufacturers: If a worker has been injured because of faulty machinery, the manufacturer of the equipment may be liable. On the other hand, if the machinery failed because it was improperly maintained, the company or party tasked with this duty could be liable.
4. Site planners: People who plan the construction project, such as engineers or architects, have a responsibility to ensure the site and building is safe. They must also ensure the building meets all legal regulations. If any building or safety codes have been broken and an injury results, these parties could be at fault for negligence.
5. Multiple parties: Quite often there are multiple liable parties in a construction accident case. An example of this might be a worker falling from a poorly constructed scaffold. He or she could seek compensation from the owner or site manager who failed to see the hazardous work condition. The contractor who used the scaffold might also be included in the claim or lawsuit.
Construction accidents are unfortunately very common and they are the types of incidents that require an immediate investigation by lawyers, as well as their own investigators. If you need help determining whether to file a claim after being injured in a construction accident, contact our experienced construction accident lawyers. We can show you what can be done about your case. Only your lawyer can tell you what to do, and you should follow their advice to the letter.
Evidence of negligence after a construction accident is not always prevalent, but this where the expertise of John K. Zaid & Associates comes into play. Any evidence that is collected can be used to file a claim against the construction company and seek redemption for the victim.
John K. Zaid & Associates will only file a lawsuit once they feel that there is enough evidence to proceed. Following your attorney’s advice in a matter of this nature is important in obtaining the optimal recovery.
Our attorneys are experienced and prepared to look into construction accidents. We will make sure that we give you all the information that you need. We will investigate as much as we need to find out the nature of your accident and will keep you advised on what we uncover. If it is necessary, we will go to court to obtain a recovery for you.
Call a Construction Accident Lawyer
Construction accident cases take a great deal of attention and detail to ensure they are properly investigated. Because many of these cases involve large construction companies who have 24/7 access to lawyers, the sooner you get started on your case, the better. Call a construction accident lawyer Houston, TX turns to from John K. Zaid & Associates for a free case evaluation now.
Construction Accident Lawyer Houston, TX