Construction Accident Lawyer Houston, TX
Construction Accident Insight from a Construction Accident Lawyer Houston, TX Offers
Construction workers are known for having one of the most dangerous jobs in the world. They are responsible for performing tasks that can put their bodies at serious risk. If the work environment is not well maintained or an employer is negligent in providing safety equipment, the construction worker can sustain a serious or fatal injury.
If you are suffering from a work injury, you can rely on a construction accident lawyer in Houston, TX from John K. Zaid & Associates for legal counsel. It is important that immediately after your injury happens you notify your employer, file a workers compensation claim, and then contact us for representation. We may be able to negotiate a substantially more attractive settlement than what the workers compensation board offers you. We are dedicated to protecting the rights of construction workers. Call us right now for a free consultation with a construction accident lawyer who will consider your best interests.
Common Construction Accident Injuries
A construction worker can experience a wide range of injuries, ranging from mild to severe, life-threatening or fatal. If you suffered a serious injury of any kind, contact a construction accident lawyer from John K. Zaid & Associates. Common construction accident injuries include but are not limited to the following:
- Traumatic head injuries
- Fractures of the skull
- Electrocution or shock
- Chemical burns
- Neck and shoulder injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Nerve damage
- Eye injury
- Broken bones
- Torn knee ligaments
- Sprained ankles
- Brain injury
- Internal bleeding
The Necessity of Protective Equipment
An employer may be held responsible for a construction worker’s injury if they failed to provide sufficient protective gear or uphold strict safety protocols. This is not an issue in a workers compensation claim, but it can be held against them if you decide to pursue a civil lawsuit against them. A construction accident lawyer from John K. Zaid & Associates can provide you with more information about this. Every construction site should have enough safety equipment for all employees and depending on the circumstances might consist of:
- Safety glasses for eye protection
- Face shields to deflect flying debri
- Slip resistant shoes to trek across slippery floors
- Steel-toed boots to help prevent breaking of toes
- Shoes that are well-fitted and free of tears and wears
- Reflective vests or attire for easy visibility
- Hard hats without cracks
- Earplugs or other gear to protect ear drums from damage
Construction Accident Scenarios
There are many ways in which a construction worker can suffer an injury or illness while on the job. Some of the most common scenarios for construction accidents include:
- Objects falling on top of construction workers from ceilings or roofs.
- A worker falling from a high location on a crane, ladder, or scaffolding.
- Fires or explosions due to working around hazardous materials.
- Worker being hit by a truck carrying heavy material used for construction.
- Malfunction of equipment, such as forklift, nail gun, excavators, etc.
- Illness due to a single or frequent exposure to hazardous chemicals.
- Excessive noise from power tools which can lead to hearing loss.
- Illness due to inhaling a gas, substance, or dust irritant.
- An employee slipping and falling due to a loose cord or slippery floor.
- Burns from working with harmful chemicals or hot machinery.
How a Construction Accident Lawyer Houston, TX Trusts Can Help
A construction accident lawyer from John K. Zaid & Associates can provide you with the legal guidance you need. Our law firm offers a free initial consultation for potential new clients. Call us today to schedule your appointment.