Who is the best auto accident lawyer in Houston TX?
Auto Accident Lawyer Houston, TX
What Should I Do After a Car Accident?
- Following an accident, you should go to a safe space if you are able to do so without further putting yourself or others in danger.
- Do not leave the scene of the accident.
- Get the contact information of the person who hit you, even if you do not believe you were injured and did not suffer damage to your vehicle. This will be important in the event that you experience pain later on and you are diagnosed with a serious injury.
- Take pictures of the accident scene. If you are unable to do so, have someone else do it for you.
- Call the police and get a copy of the report.
- Take down the names of any witnesses.
- Write down your account of what happened.
- Gather all medical information that is relevant to your accident. You will need to prove that your injuries were related to the accident. Be sure that you have copies of medical treatment records and costs.
- If the insurance company of the at-fault party offers you a settlement, consider working with an auto accident lawyer in Houston, TX from John K. Zaid & Associates. We can help ensure that you are not taken advantage of or accept an offer that is not in your best interest.
- Take pictures of the injuries you sustained.
- Make sure that you notify your insurance company of the accident and provide them with any details they require.