Some of the symptoms to watch for that could indicate that there is an injury that needs to be treated include:
- Abdominal pain: This could indicate internal bleeding.
- Back pain: This could indicate an injury to ligaments, spinal cord injury, or whiplash.
- Bruising or numbness: This could indicate an injury to the spinal cord or a herniated disc.
- Emotional distress: This could indicate a brain injury, concussion, or PTSD.
- Headaches: This could indicate a blood clot, brain injury, concussion, or whiplash.
- Shoulder or neck pain: This could indicate a spinal cord injury or whiplash.
If a victim is suffering from any of these injuries, they should immediately contact their physician, even if they had already been checked out after the crash. These are symptoms of potentially serious injuries and if these symptoms are ignored, the victim could suffer even more catastrophic – if not fatal – injuries.