Who Is the Best Birth Injury Lawyer in Houston, TX?
Who Is the Best Birth Injury Lawyer in Houston, TX?
If your baby was injured during your pregnancy or after giving birth, you may be entitled to monetary compensation. Get the legal help you may be looking for by calling one of the best birth injury lawyers in Houston, Texas from John K. Zaid & Associates.
Common Types of Birth Injuries that May Qualify for a Claim
Not all birth injuries are the result of negligence. For example, some would have been unavoidable, and in this case, compensation may not be available. As a birth injury lawyer in Houston, TX might explain to you, if your child suffered because of a mistake or wrongful action made on the part of a medical provider, you may have the right to file a claim. Examples of birth injuries that could be a result of malpractice include:
- Cerebral palsy
- Erb’s palsy
- Facial paralysis
- Severe bruising
- Bleeding on the brain
- Swelling of the tissue within the scalp area
- Lack of oxygen
- + More
When you want to know who is the best birth injury lawyer in Houston, TX, look no further than John K. Zaid & Associates.
Birth Injuries Caused By Oxygen Deprivation and Trauma During Delivery
A birth injury is any kind of injury that happens before, during, or after delivery. Babies can endure injury due to oxygen deprivation, trauma, and even exposure to maternal infection. Birth injuries may range in severity, anywhere from minor/temporary to to severe and requires ongoing medical attention. Just a few examples of birth injuries include seizures, brain bleeding, cerebral palsy, meconium aspiration syndrome, hydrocephalus, kernicterus, and encephalitis.
If you suspect that your baby has a birth injury, and it may have been caused by a negligent doctor or medical staff member, then it is in your baby’s best interest to get an evaluation from another doctor and then for you to seek legal guidance from an attorney as soon as possible. And not just any attorney. Not all personal injury attorneys even handle birth injury cases. Who is the best birth injury lawyer in Houston, TX? The team at John K. Zaid & Associates is certainly among the best birth injury attorneys in the area. We are privileged to help those families who have been impacted by birth injury during a time of life when a family’s primary worries should be sleep deprivation and searching for the best educational toys. While no amount of money can take back the harm that your baby has suffered, asking “Who is the best birth injury lawyer in Houston, Texas?” and following up with that inquiry can at least help you to pay for any care your baby requires as a result of their birth injury.
What can happen if a baby doesn’t get enough oxygen during delivery?
A major problem that can arise during delivery involves depriving a baby of oxygen. Otherwise called asphyxia, oxygen deprivation can cause damage to the brain, organs, and result in cell death. Insufficient levels of blood and oxygen flowing to the baby’s brain can lead to devastating consequences.
The treating doctor and medical support staff are to strictly monitor the baby and mother’s health during labor and delivery, doing everything they can to prevent birth injuries. If medical personnel make a mistake or are negligent, they may be held responsible for the birth injury. Contributing factors to oxygen deprivation can include:
- Uterine rupture (the uterus tears, causing a hemorrhage)
- Umbilical cord problems (nuchal cord, short cord, true knot, or cord prolapse)
- Placental abruption (complication where the placenta separates away from the uterine wall before the baby is delivered)
- Medical personnel failing to promptly deliver a baby in deprivation of oxygen
A baby in fetal distress and lacking oxygen must be responded to urgently by the treating doctor. If the mother needs an emergency c-section, then the doctor must usher her into surgery immediately. If the doctor fails to notice fetal distress or fails to get the mother into a c-section quickly, the doctor may be held liable for the birth injury. If you believe your baby’s injuries are linked to oxygen deprivation, don’t sit around wondering, “Who is the best birth injury lawyer in Houston, Texas?”. Call our firm today so we can help you and your family starting now.
How does a baby suffer from trauma during the delivery process?
Traumatic birth injuries can be caused when medical personnel use too much torsion or pressure on the baby. Traumatic birth injuries can be prevented if the doctor adheres to standards of care, monitors the mother and baby properly during pregnancy and delivery, and uses birthing tools as intended. Traumatic birth injuries can be caused by several factors, such as:
- Using forceps or vacuum extractors improperly, putting pressure on the baby’s brain and skull, while potentially crushing delicate blood vessels
- Abnormal fetal position, which can cause the baby’s neck and/or head to endure trauma and the delivery more challenging
- Prolonged labor, where the baby doesn’t move through the birth canal fast enough, and contractions apply pressure on the baby’s head, potentially hindering blood flow to certain areas of the brain
If you’re still wondering, “Who is the best birth injury lawyer in Houston, Texas?” know that you can work with some of the best attorneys around by calling our firm today. We understand that you don’t want to put your baby’s legal wellbeing in just anyone’s hands. We are not just anyone and we have the experience to prove it.
Proving Negligence After a Birth Injury
Like other personal injury cases, your birth injury lawyer will need to demonstrate that the defendant was careless or negligent in their actions and your child was injured. As a result, you have suffered losses, and had the negligence not occurred, these losses would not exist.
One of the reasons why it is so important to ask yourself who is the best birth injury lawyer in Houston, TX, is to ensure that you can find a legal advocate who is able to help you to show that:
- A Duty of Care Existed – Before you can recover damages, you must be able to show that there was a doctor-patient relationship,
- The doctor owed you and the child a duty of care,
- They failed to provide this duty; thereby, resulting in a breach,
- A doctor in the same or similar position, and circumstance, would not have done the same thing,
- Your child was injured, and;
- You suffered financial losses.
Examples of Medical Negligence
Medical malpractice can take many forms; however, cases that involve birth injuries are often related to:
- Failure to diagnose
- Negligent monitoring
- Failure to care for maternal medical conditions
- Failure to monitor the baby’s oxygen levels
- Failure to respond to fetal or maternal emergencies
- Failure to order a C-section in a timely manner
- Improper usage of equipment, such as forceps
- Improper incubation after birth
If your child was harmed because of the actions listed above, or otherwise, you may have legal recourse to recover damages for:
- Medical expenses
- Treatment and surgery
- Ongoing care
- Assistive devices
- Your lost wages
Why Choose Us?
For years we, at John K. Zaid & Associates, have been offering families superior legal advocacy. Through our dedication, skill, and zeal for getting justice, we have recovered millions in damages for our clients. Some benefits of working with us, include:
- We will be honest with you
- We will keep you updated about your case
- We will investigate what happened
- We have the resources to build a strong defense
- We have a great reputation in the Houston] area
Rather than wondering who is the best birth injury lawyer in Houston, TX, consider talking with the right birth injury lawyer who gets results in a timely manner. Please give John K. Zaid & Associates a call. Remember, there is a time limit to filing a claim so you should not delay in getting legal advice.