Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer Houston, TX
Learning a loved one has been neglected while in a nursing home or assisted care facility can be overwhelming and extremely upsetting. You might be concerned about their safety and wellbeing, but also have questions about what you can do as far as legal recourse goes. At this point, it may be in your best interest to explain your situation to a nursing home abuse lawyer in Houston, TX.
What complications do nursing home abuse cases face?
A nursing home abuse lawyer in Houston, TX can examine your case and advise all that is possible to deliver a sense of justice. John K. Zaid & Associates has the zelous drive to fight tooth and nail for the rights of the elderly. We are guided by extensive experience and know the in’s and out’s of this complex legal topic which combines state and federal laws as well as various rules. Proving negligence or abuse is not always easy – even when you’re sure it is going on. All too often, we have heard about, or worked on cases, that involve:
- Tampering of evidence
- Staff denial or cover ups
- Allegation denial by the nursing home or insurance company
- Manipulated or fraudulent medical records
- Manipulated or fraudulent nursing home records
- + More
What tactics do nursing homes use to defend themselves?
To add to these complications, if you have made the nursing home aware of your allegations, there is a chance that they are telling you any of the following:
- You cannot file a legal claim because you signed an arbitration agreement.
- You have no proof.
- Your loved one has dementia and is saying this because he or she is upset with us.
- We can offer you an immediate settlement to keep this case quiet.
The aforementioned are just a few examples of tactics that can be used to scare or intimidate you. The truth is that the only thing you should do is talk with a nursing home lawyer in Houston, TX. Even if you or a loved one signed an arbitration agreement, there could be legal options. Know that you are in good hands when you choose John K. Zaid & Associates. Our nursing home lawyers:
- Have decades of experience.
- Are smart, intuitive, and clever.
- Know how insurance companies work.
- Can handle all communication with the other side.
- May be able to arrange a medical lien should your elderly loved one need treatment.
- Have extensive resources to investigate your case and discover evidence.
- Prepare every case as if it were going to trial.
- Fight for maximum compensation.
- Offer free and confidential consultations. To schedule, call John K. Zaid & Associates now.
What compensation can I get in a nursing home abuse case?
While civil nursing home claims may be similar by nature, no two are exactly alike. It will be up to a Houston, TX nursing home abuse lawyer to review the facts of the case to determine the total amount of damages, and their value. In general, the worse the neglect or abuse, and the longer it happened, the more you can recover. Some states have implemented caps settlement awards, and this can be explained in detail by one of our nursing home abuse lawyers. Compensation for your elders’ nursing home abuse or neglect might include:
- All relevant medical costs
- All prospective medical treatment
- Reimbursement for care at the facility
- Reimbursement for stolen money
- Travel costs
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Wrongful death
- + More
We Are Here For You
At this point it is important to understand that legal help is available. All you have to do is call now to speak with a qualified, supportive nursing home lawyer in Houston, TX. John K. Zaid & Associates are waiting to help.