Truck Accident Lawyer Houston, TX
Need a Truck Accident Lawyer Houston, TX Offers?
Many roads in the United States are busy with tractor-trailer trucks: big, commercial, trucks, that are often on long hauls across the country. While these trucks are arguably necessary to sustain our way of life and economy, truck driver inattentiveness or drowsiness can be a serious danger to everyone else on the road. If you were injured in this way in a road accident, contact a truck accident lawyer in Houston, TX from John K. Zaid & Associates.
Truck accidents are not like typical motor vehicle accidents in two major ways:
- The amount of damage caused during a truck accident is usually significantly greater than the damage caused during a typical motor vehicle accident. Due to the sheer size of tractor trailer trucks, accidents involving these vehicles can cause devastating damage to passenger vehicles and their riders. A truck accident lawyer in Houston, TX from John K. Zaid & Associates may be able to get you the compensation you deserve for your injuries from the responsible party.
- Very often, the truck involved in a crash is owned by a business that has lawyers on retainer. They have numerous resources at their disposal to protect the truck driver and try to limit the settlements paid to victims who were injured during the crash. A truck accident lawyer in Houston, TX from John K. Zaid & Associates can be a formidable legal opponent of their attorneys.
- Learn more about Common Factors in Truck Accident Cases.
If you were injured in a motor vehicle accident involving a tractor-trailer or other big truck, consider calling an experienced and competent truck accident lawyer in Houston, TX from John K. Zaid & Associates. Our attorneys are familiar with the devastation these accidents can cause, and are also familiar with the sophisticated practice of corporate defense attorneys who may represent the driver and the company for whom he or she works.
What you should do directly following an accident?
As a driver or a passenger in a car, getting into a truck accident can be one of the worst situations you ever have to face. When your accident involved a large commercial truck, you may feel lucky to actually walk away from the accident. However, just because you made it out of the accident does not mean you are uninjured. It is important to remember a few steps after you truck accident because they could make a difference in terms of how you heal—both physically and emotionally—and what happens with the claim you make. When you sustain an injury from a commercial truck accident, you may have the opportunity to get compensation to help with your healing and medical bills. For more information on how an attorney from John K. Zaid & Associates can help you with your injury claim after a truck accident, contact our firm now.
- Get the Medical Attention You Need. Unfortunately, this is not always apparent right after your accident. In fact, all too often people walk away from an accident—even a truck accident—believing they were lucky not to sustain an injury from it. The next day or next week, however, pain begins to crop up. Even if you do not have any apparent injuries, you should always seek medical attention after a truck accident.
- Get to Safety. This is incredibly important. Due to the large size of commercial trucks, your car may be in a ditch, smashed into the side of a barrier, or even in the middle of a highway. Once you have done a quick check to see how your injuries are, you should try to get your car to a safe place as soon as possible so you do not risk getting injured further and do not put other people on the road at risk.
- Remain at the Scene of the Accident. Unless you need to go to the hospital, the best thing you can do is remain at the scene. In fact, you could be facing legal ramifications for leaving the scene of the accident before police arrive. After you have talked with the authorities and any first responders, then you can safely leave the scene.
- Gather Information. One of the most important steps after a truck accident is gathering information that you can use later. When the police arrive they will likely file an accident report, but gathering your own information is also valuable. First, you and the truck driver should exchange information: get their name, contact information, license number, their company’s information, and their insurance carrier.
- Get Any Witness Statements. Depending on where you are, you may have pedestrian, bicycle, and other motor vehicle witnesses. When this is the case, use this to your advantage and gather as much information from them as possible and either write it down or ask if you can record their statements. You should also get their contact information so your attorney can follow up with them later.
Contact a Truck Accident Lawyer Houston, TX Drivers Call First
A truck accident lawyer in Houston, TX from our firm can determine if you have a valid personal injury claim after a consultation. During this free, no obligation discussion, you will have the opportunity to present the facts and circumstances of your case as you understand them. You will also discuss the injury you sustained, including how much you have incurred in medical bills and what you expect to pay in the future for treatment. You will also discuss damage to your vehicle and any money that you paid to use a rental car or alternate transportation while your vehicle was being repaired or replaced. After your initial consultation, our attorneys at John K. Zaid & Associates will let you know what they believe they can do for you.
Our attorneys are professional, knowledgeable, and skilled at helping victims receive a fair settlement for their losses. Call a truck accident lawyer in Houston, TX from John K. Zaid & Associates today to request a free consultation about your case.
Who’s at Fault in a Truck Accident?
Truck accidents are not like other vehicle accidents. They often involve a great deal of damage to the vehicles involved and also severe injuries to the people involved. But the big question is a truck accident lawyer Houston, TX victims trust will ask is who’s to blame?
The answer is a resounding, it depends.
Truck drivers are highly regulated. This is done to not only protect the truck driver but also all of the other drivers on the road. Some common violations of truck driving rules include:
- Driving more consecutive hours than allowed
- Overloading the vehicle
- Driving beyond the speed limit allowed for the load size
- Failing to adequately maintain the truck and trailer
When a truck driver is involved in an accident, they usually aren’t the only ones involved. Many truck drivers operate as independent contractors which means they would be solely liable for any of the issues listed above. But many trucking companies incorrectly classify their drivers as independent contractors in the hopes of limiting the liability of the company should the driver ever get into an accident.
This is where the skill and experience of a Houston, TX truck accident lawyer from John K. Zaid & Associates come into play. We’ve seen this trick before and we know how to catch it.
The trucking company is responsible for adhering to the same rules above just like the driver. When the company fails to do so, they too can and should be held liable for the truck accident. In addition to that, a company could be held liable for negligent hiring practices. If the truck driver involved in the accident failed a background check or drug screen and was still hired and allowed to drive, the company would be held liable for their negligent actions.
There’s a third and often forgotten company to place blame in a truck accident: the truck or trailer manufacturer. The brakes, lights, horns, or other safety equipment could have been defective as a result of the negligence of the manufacturer of the truck or trailer.
All of this combined is why you need to hire a trusted truck accident lawyer. You owe it to yourself to make sure your representation knows the complexities involved with truck accidents and can work to protect your rights. Without a skilled Houston truck accident lawyer at your side, you could miss out on the compensation you need to make a full and complete recovery.
John K. Zaid & Associates has the experience to make your case. When we meet with you, we will give you a full case evaluation to help you determine what lies ahead. We’ve been down this road before and we know how to work with the insurance companies, the expert witnesses, and the court system to ensure you get everything you need to get better.
We want to take the legal burden off your shoulders so you can focus on your recovery. John K. Zaid & Associates has built a reputation for successfully representing truck accident victims. We look forward to showing you why that reputation is deserved. Contact us today to schedule your free no obligation consultation with the experienced truck accident lawyers of John K. Zaid & Associates.
Wrongful Death in Trucking Accidents
Commercial truck accidents can be very dangerous and, in certain situations, the consequences can be life-altering. Not only may the injuries sustained be substantial, but the loss of a life could happen. During tragic events such as this, having a helping hand by your side that understands the legal system can be beneficial during a time of grieving. At John K. Zaid & Associates, we believe you should be focusing on your family instead of worrying about truck company investigators, insurance companies, medical bills, and more.
The Help of a Compassionate Truck Accident Lawyer
Each truck accident lawyer from our firm is dedicated to helping victims’ families in the aftermath of fatal commercial truck accidents. Trucking companies typically have teams of lawyers on their side that will fight against claims brought against their company. John K. Zaid & Associates stands to defend your rights and the rights of your deceased loved one.
We fully understand that there is no sum of money that can make up for the loss of a family member. However, it is unjust for you to suffer financially because of the negligence of another individual. Your truck accident lawyer in Houston, TX will help you receive compensation for:
- Loss of future financial contributions
- Loss of life
- Loss of enjoyment
- Loss of companionship
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Medical bills
- Emotional and grief damage
We promise to be there every step of the way and handle all of the legal aspects so that you can take the time honoring the memory of your loved one.
Handling the Insurance Companies
After an accident, the insurance companies of the at-fault party will try to offer you a settlement amount. Typically, this sum is much lower than what your claim is truly worth. Having an experienced truck accident lawyer on your side can help you determine what a fair settlement would be. In addition, negotiating with the insurance companies can be a tedious process requiring thorough understanding of the laws associated with trucking companies.
Creating a Case
At John K. Zaid & Associates, we have several different resources we can utilize to help create a strong case. The sooner we are able to collect evidence and begin forming a case, the better chances you will have of getting a higher compensation that you deserve. Some pieces of evidence that you will want to try and keep may include:
- Police reports
- Medical bills
- Witness statements
- Expenses related to the funeral
Sharing as much information as possible with your Houston, TX lawyer can certainly help when creating your case and trying to prove who is at fault.
Getting the Right Help
At John K. Zaid & Associates, we are dedicated to helping the families that have lost a loved one due to a truck driver or trucking companies negligence. Filing a wrongful death claim can be a scary thought, however, having skilled lawyers on your side can help during this difficult time. To discuss your situation in more detail, contact a truck accident lawyer Houston, TX families recommend for a free and confidential consultation.