Nursing Home Negligence Lawyer Houston TX
Have you recently discovered that your elderly loved one is being abused or neglected in a nursing home? If so, please call a nursing home negligence lawyer in Houston, TX to learn about your legal options.
At John K. Zaid & Associates, we believe that no one deserves to be mistreated in a residential living facility; especially elderly people. These men and women have lived long lives and have experienced decades of noteworthy stories. When they are placed in the care of another person, it is often because they can no longer properly care for themselves, or in some cases, prefer to be around people who are similar in age. What they should not expect, albeit experience, is to be mistreated, neglected, or abused. In the event, you discover this has occurred, or there are indicators which suggest it, a reliable Houston, Texas nursing home negligence lawyer can review your case and help you to make a sound decision on what to do next.
Meet John K. Zaid & Associates
John K. Zaid & Associates is the kind of nursing home negligence lawyer Houston, TX residents have been relying on for decades. Our firm is commended for our honesty, due diligence, and dedication to each and every client. By choosing to work with our team, you will feel peace of mind in knowing your case will be examined, well-researched, and structured in a way that supports your claim. Not only have we successfully recovered millions of dollars for our clients, but we can also provide emotional support that acts as a backbone to a broad range of challenges along the way.
Nursing home abuse or neglect is unacceptable. If this has happened to your elderly loved one, let us help you to get justice. Regardless of what you know about these types of cases, or whether or not you have strong evidence, if you believe it’s going on, please call a nursing home negligence lawyer in Houston, TX as soon as possible.
Abuse and Neglect in a Nursing Home
Abuse and neglect can take many forms, and some are more noticeable than others. As a family member of a person who is in a nursing home, it is important you make frequent visits to the facility while paying close attention to your loved one’s behaviors, physical appearance, and mental attitude. If you notice something that is not right, or you’re being told about something going on, you may want to confront the nursing home facility to see what they say. If they ignore your concerns, or the situation is not resolved, calling a nursing home negligence lawyer in Houston, TX may be a good idea.
- Physical Abuse – This involves any physical-related abuse that results in harm or injury. Force-feeding, inappropriate restraint, pinching, and hitting are some examples of physical abuse.
- Mental Abuse – Usually difficult to detect, this can occur when an elderly loved one is verbally abused, threatened, insulted, made to feel bad, or emotionally manipulated.
- Neglect – Neglect can include abuse, or stand on its own. It is very common and often the result of understaffing or poor training. When staff fails to execute the expected degree of care or treatment, it may be neglected. Examples include, failure to feed the elder, malnutrition, dehydration, poor hygiene, failure to medicate, and more.
- Sexual Abuse – When an elder is forced into a sexual act against their will, or is otherwise taken advantage of in a sexual nature, a nursing home abuse lawyer Houston, TX families trust should be sought.
- Financial Abuse – This is also considerably difficult to identify and may include missing money, missing bank cards, forged checks, abrupt changes in a will or estate plan, and more.
If you have concerns about neglect or abuse in a nursing home, call a nursing home negligence lawyer in Houston, TX today.