Burn Injury Lawyer Houston, TX
A Burn Injury Lawyer Houston, TX Victims Rely on for Justice
Burn injuries are not unusual, but some are catastrophic and can lead to complications which can be fatal or leave lifelong scars. If this describes you or a member of your family, you may benefit from consulting a burn injury lawyer in Houston, TX from John K. Zaid & Associates. Our legal team has helped many victims of accidents they did not cause and which were avoidable. We can hold the person or company responsible for your burn accident. We may be able to negotiate a large settlement on your behalf to compensate you for your injury costs and pain. Call us today for a confidential and no-cost meeting with an attorney who can review your case.
Our burn injury lawyer in Houston, TX from John K. Zaid & Associates has recovered damages for many clients who suffered a wide range of burn injuries through someone’s negligence. Sadly, there are numerous types of burn injuries that are fairly common. The resulting need for medical treatment underscores the necessity of recovering compensation for the victim’s damages. Contact us immediately if you or a close family member was burned in an accident they did not cause. We will make every effort to obtain fair and comprehensive compensation from the responsible party.
What are common types of cases handled by a burn injury lawyer in Houston, TX from John K. Zaid & Associates?
About 450,000 burn injuries occur in the US every year. Regardless of how you were burned in an act of negligence committed by someone else, contact our burn injury lawyer in Houston, TX to schedule a free consultation. Here are some of the most common types of cases that can benefit from the legal services of John K. Zaid & Associates:
- A worker is on the job and while performing their duties suffers a burn injury from a fire, explosion, or due to exposure to a dangerous or toxic chemical or substance.
- A customer is exposed to a chemical or substance when visiting a commercial business and it results in them sustaining a burn injury.
- A consumer uses a product in a reasonable manner and in the manner intended by the manufacturer, but suffers a burn injury in the process.
- A pedestrian comes into close contact with a construction zone and is exposed to a falling chemical or substance that causes them to suffer a burn.
How can a burn occur?
As our burn injury lawyer in Houston, TX knows all too well, burns do not only result from exposure to fire. Burns can also occur under any of the following circumstances?
- Exposure to radiation when workplace safety equipment is not properly maintained or used.
- Scalding from hot water (boiling, steaming, or excessively hot out of the faucet) or a hot beverage. If a restaurant serves hot coffee that exceeds a reasonable temperature and it spills on the customer, it can cause severe burning.
- Contact with hot grease or cooking oil when someone else splatters it, spills it, or bumps somebody into the hot grease or oil.
- Faulty wiring that causes an electrical burn. When an arc flash occurs, the resulting heat can be as high as 36,000 degrees F.
- Exposure to chemicals in the workplace which are not properly controlled, or the safety equipment is defective. In some instances, the employer did not supply sufficient safety equipment.
- In close proximity to an explosion which results in the hot remnants making contact with the skin, burning it.
Common Circumstances for Burn Accidents
Burn accidents can happen anytime, anywhere. However, they tend to be more common under certain circumstances. Regardless of how it happened to you or your loved one, contact us at John K. Zaid & Associates to speak with a burn injury lawyer in Houston, TX to learn if we may be able to help you recover compensation from those responsible. Below are some of the most common circumstances under which burn accidents occur and their victims:
- Fast food restaurant workers who are burned when working around deep fry vats.
- Fast food restaurant customers who consume beverages that are excessively hot.
- Residents and visitors of apartment buildings that catch on fire.
- Victims of motor vehicle accidents.
- Electrical workers or consumers who use improperly grounded or defective light fixtures or electrical appliances.
- Building workers, customers, or residents who are trapped and burned in a fire because the emergency exits are locked.
- Residents, customers, or hotel guests who are scalded by water or water pipes.
What are the most common types of burns that are serious?
In the US, burn centers have reported that their patients suffered a variety of burns in these percentages based on their cause for admission:
- 44%: Fire
- 34%: Scalding
- 9%: Contact
- 4%: Electrical
- 3%: Chemical
- 6%: Other
To find out more about how our burn injury lawyer in Houston, TX may be able to recover your damages, call our office today.
Sustaining Burns in the Home
The number one cause of fires and resulting injuries in the home is due to cooking in the kitchen, in particular, frying food. Fires can destroy structures, and cause burns as well as fatalities. In apartment buildings, this can be particularly devastating because a tenant can be trapped by flames that began in someone else’s apartment. Landlords can also be held responsible. A burn injury lawyer in Houston, TX from John K. Zaid & Associates can submit a personal injury or wrongful death claim against those at fault for their actions which led to you sustaining your injury. Our legal team is aggressive and relentless when pursuing justice on behalf of our clients.
In addition to cooking fires, burns in the home can result from:
- Heating appliances that are defective.
- Candles that are left unattended.
- Falling asleep while smoking.
- Faulty electrical wiring.
A Law Firm That Fights for the Rights of Victims
At John K. Zaid & Associates, we fight for the rights of victims. If you sustained a serious burn injury through no fault of your own, we may be able to negotiate a large settlement on your behalf from those responsible. Consult a burn injury lawyer Houston, TX victims choose from John K. Zaid & Associates get you the justice you deserve.