Burn Injury Lawyer Houston, TX
A Burn Injury Lawyer Houston, TX Victims Rely on for Justice
Burn injuries are not unusual, but some are catastrophic and can lead to complications which can be fatal or leave lifelong scars. If this describes you or a member of your family, you may benefit from consulting a burn injury lawyer in Houston, TX from John K. Zaid & Associates. Our legal team has helped many victims of accidents they did not cause and which were avoidable. We can hold the person or company responsible for your burn accident. We may be able to negotiate a large settlement on your behalf to compensate you for your injury costs and pain. Call us today for a confidential and no-cost meeting with an attorney who can review your case.
Our burn injury lawyer in Houston, TX from John K. Zaid & Associates has recovered damages for many clients who suffered a wide range of burn injuries through someone’s negligence. Sadly, there are numerous types of burn injuries that are fairly common. The resulting need for medical treatment underscores the necessity of recovering compensation for the victim’s damages. Contact us immediately if you or a close family member was burned in an accident they did not cause. We will make every effort to obtain fair and comprehensive compensation from the responsible party.
What are common types of cases handled by a burn injury lawyer in Houston, TX from John K. Zaid & Associates?
About 450,000 burn injuries occur in the US every year. Regardless of how you were burned in an act of negligence committed by someone else, contact our burn injury lawyer in Houston, TX to schedule a free consultation. Here are some of the most common types of cases that can benefit from the legal services of John K. Zaid & Associates:
- A worker is on the job and while performing their duties suffers a burn injury from a fire, explosion, or due to exposure to a dangerous or toxic chemical or substance.
- A customer is exposed to a chemical or substance when visiting a commercial business and it results in them sustaining a burn injury.
- A consumer uses a product in a reasonable manner and in the manner intended by the manufacturer, but suffers a burn injury in the process.
- A pedestrian comes into close contact with a construction zone and is exposed to a falling chemical or substance that causes them to suffer a burn.
How can a burn occur?
As our burn injury lawyer in Houston, TX knows all too well, burns do not only result from exposure to fire. Burns can also occur under any of the following circumstances?
- Exposure to radiation when workplace safety equipment is not properly maintained or used.
- Scalding from hot water (boiling, steaming, or excessively hot out of the faucet) or a hot beverage. If a restaurant serves hot coffee that exceeds a reasonable temperature and it spills on the customer, it can cause severe burning.
- Contact with hot grease or cooking oil when someone else splatters it, spills it, or bumps somebody into the hot grease or oil.
- Faulty wiring that causes an electrical burn. When an arc flash occurs, the resulting heat can be as high as 36,000 degrees F.
- Exposure to chemicals in the workplace which are not properly controlled, or the safety equipment is defective. In some instances, the employer did not supply sufficient safety equipment.
- In close proximity to an explosion which results in the hot remnants making contact with the skin, burning it.
Common Circumstances for Burn Accidents
Burn accidents can happen anytime, anywhere. However, they tend to be more common under certain circumstances. Regardless of how it happened to you or your loved one, contact us at John K. Zaid & Associates to speak with a burn injury lawyer in Houston, TX to learn if we may be able to help you recover compensation from those responsible. Below are some of the most common circumstances under which burn accidents occur and their victims:
- Fast food restaurant workers who are burned when working around deep fry vats.
- Fast food restaurant customers who consume beverages that are excessively hot.
- Residents and visitors of apartment buildings that catch on fire.
- Victims of motor vehicle accidents.
- Electrical workers or consumers who use improperly grounded or defective light fixtures or electrical appliances.
- Building workers, customers, or residents who are trapped and burned in a fire because the emergency exits are locked.
- Residents, customers, or hotel guests who are scalded by water or water pipes.
What are the most common types of burns that are serious?
In the US, burn centers have reported that their patients suffered a variety of burns in these percentages based on their cause for admission:
- 44%: Fire
- 34%: Scalding
- 9%: Contact
- 4%: Electrical
- 3%: Chemical
- 6%: Other
To find out more about how our burn injury lawyer in Houston, TX may be able to recover your damages, call our office today.
Sustaining Burns in the Home
The number one cause of fires and resulting injuries in the home is due to cooking in the kitchen, in particular, frying food. Fires can destroy structures, and cause burns as well as fatalities. In apartment buildings, this can be particularly devastating because a tenant can be trapped by flames that began in someone else’s apartment. Landlords can also be held responsible. A burn injury lawyer in Houston, TX from John K. Zaid & Associates can submit a personal injury or wrongful death claim against those at fault for their actions which led to you sustaining your injury. Our legal team is aggressive and relentless when pursuing justice on behalf of our clients.
In addition to cooking fires, burns in the home can result from:
- Heating appliances that are defective.
- Candles that are left unattended.
- Falling asleep while smoking.
- Faulty electrical wiring.
Reasons Medical Treatment is Important Immediately Following a Burn Accident
The chaos that ensues in the moments following a burn accident can be difficult to make sense of. Because of this, it can be challenging to know that you are behaving rationally. In some cases, a person may not even realize they are injured. This is because endorphins and adrenaline are pumping through the body, which may actually be masking the pain an accident victim may actually be experiencing. Because these may actually block pain, someone who may be suffering from serious life-threatening injuries may be completely unaware. If you were in an accident that was the result of a negligent party, a burn injury lawyer Houston, TX has to offer will help you to understand your ability to obtain compensation. Likewise, a burn injury lawyer Houston, TX trusts will tell you that medical treatment is critical and should be sought immediately. Here are some reasons why:
To Obtain the Treatment You Need
If an ambulance arrives on the scene and emergency personnel is bringing you to the hospital, seeking medical treatment is likely not something you gave a second thought to. However, if EMTs tell you to go to the hospital to get checked out, you may be tempted to ignore this recommendation. However, it’s critical that accident victims are diligent in pursuing the treatment they may be in need of.
To Rule Out Any Underlying Issues
In some cases you may have injuries that you are not aware of, such as internal injuries and traumatic brain injuries. This is a primary reason you should always get checked out by a doctor. Even though you may feel okay, an internal injury can be life-threatening, making it key that you seek medical treatment as soon as possible.
To Prove Your Injuries Were Caused from the Accident
One key element to a personal injury case is causation. As a burn injury lawyer Houston, TX families respect might explain to you, causation in negligence cases links the injuries to the accident. Following an accident, the sooner you seek medical care, the easier it may be for your Houston, Texas burn injury lawyer to prove causation. Causation must prove that if it weren’t for the actions of the negligent party, the victim would not have experienced the damages that they did.
To Produce Documentation that Supports Your Claim
Not only does seeking medical care make sure that you receive the treatment that you need, it can also produce documentation that can act as a key piece of evidence should you pursue a personal injury case. Medical documentation can outline your injuries in addition to outlining whether you followed treatment recommendations.
Experiencing Delayed Injuries
If your injuries took time before they presented, it’s important to seek medical treatment immediately. Delayed injuries and personal injury claims can be complicated. For example, if you didn’t begin experiencing pain until a few days after the accident, it may be more challenging to prove that your injuries were caused by the accident, and not something else. Not to worry, contacting a burn injury lawyer Houston, TX respects is critical to assisting you through the complicated process of a personal injury claim. Additionally, do not sign anything offered to you by the defendant’s insurance company without speaking with a burn injury lawyer first. You could inadvertently impact your potential personal injury case.
Physical injuries after an accident can be traumatic. The emotional and physical impact on a victim can be lasting, leaving the victim with what could be a lengthy recovery time. The financial losses that you stand to experience can make it difficult to live the life you once had. Contact a burn injury lawyer Houston, TX men and women prefer for more information regarding the best way to pursue your accident case today.
A Law Firm That Fights for the Rights of Victims
At John K. Zaid & Associates, we fight for the rights of victims. If you sustained a serious burn injury through no fault of your own, we may be able to negotiate a large settlement on your behalf from those responsible. Consult a burn injury lawyer Houston, TX victims choose from John K. Zaid & Associates get you the justice you deserve.