Auto Accident Lawyer Deer Park, TX
Auto Accident Lawyer Deer Park, TX
What Should You If You are Hurt in a Car Accident?
A Deer Park, Texas auto accident lawyer from John K. Zaid and Associates understands that getting hurt in a car accident is a nightmare. You may have sustained very serious injuries resulting in permanent disfigurement or disability. You most likely have pain. You may have missed work and you may have many more days in the future that you will have to miss to seek treatment for your injuries or to take the time that you need to recover. You have medical bills piling up and even more, looming over your head. You may have lost your car temporarily or it may be completely totaled. You may or may not be able to afford the repairs or to afford buying a new vehicle. This means you may have trouble getting to work, fulfilling your obligations to your friends and family, and even making it to your own doctor’s appointments.
So, what now? What should you do? Here is a list of things that a Deer Park, TX auto accident lawyer suggests you should strongly consider doing in the wake of a car accident in which you were injured:
- Seek Medical Treatment. First and foremost, you should seek any medical treatment that is necessary for the injuries you sustained as a result of your accident. Do not delay medical care. Make sure that you are checked out by a doctor and that you comply with his or her orders. Do not make your injury worse by waiting to seek treatment. There is no reward for being tough, only the potential to exacerbate your condition.
- Contact a Deer Park TX Personal Injury Attorney Who Specializes in Auto Accidents. If the car accident was not your fault, or even if you were partially at fault, but not completely, call a personal injury attorney in your local area. Make sure that you call an attorney who specializes in representing plaintiffs in personal injury lawsuits, particularly plaintiffs who have been injured in car accidents. A good Deer Park, Texas in auto accident lawyer will be able to analyze the facts of your case and help you determine if filing a personal injury lawsuit is right for you. If it is, the attorney will help you prepare your case and take that burden from your shoulders as you take the time you need to recover.
- Gather Evidence. After consulting with a Deer Park, Texas auto accident lawyer, start to gather all of the evidence you have from the incident. This may include police reports, the names of the responding officer and emergency personnel, and names of eyewitnesses and onlookers. Preserve all of your medical records and make sure to take down the names of the doctors who provide you treatment. Keep track of what you spend that is related to the accident. Did you have to rent a car? Are you paying copays for doctors visits or prescription medications? Have you had to miss work? Are you paying out of pocket for rehabilitating or recuperative therapies? Make a binder or journal to record your appointments and spending.
If you have been in a car accident, the last thing on your mind may be preparing for a personal injury lawsuit. Remember, however, that the longer you wait to file your lawsuit, the harder it will be to get the evidence you need to prove your claim. Remember, too, that there is a time limit for filing a personal injury lawsuit that depends on your state. Don’t get left in the dust, act now to preserve your claim.
What Not to Do at the Scene of a Car Accident
Many drivers know how to respond at the scene of a car accident. The steps to take if a crash ever happens is commonly taught in driving school. However, it is equally as important to know what not to do in such an event. In this article we cover what you should try to avoid doing in the immediate aftermath of a vehicle accident. We also encourage you to contact an auto accident lawyer in Deer Park, TX from John K. Zaid and Associates if you or a loved one was seriously injured in a car accident that was not your fault.
If you or a loved one recently endured a crash, you can turn to an auto accident lawyer in Deer Park, TX from John K. Zaid and Associates for legal assistance. You may decide to file a personal injury claim or a civil lawsuit against the offending driver for medical costs, vehicle damages and other losses. It can make all the difference to have a skilled and experienced attorney by your side to protect your rights.
Not Seeking Medical Help
A common mistake some drivers make is not getting medical help at the accident scene or immediately afterward. A driver may feel okay right after the accident, but later on it becomes evident that they suffered a serious injury. It can help your claim if you received emergency care right away for your injuries. It may look suspicious to wait months before seeing your doctor. Be sure to get copies of the medical treatment you received as well as the physician’s diagnosis of your injury. When you hire an auto accident lawyer in Deer Park, TX from John K. Zaid and Associates, they will need this documentation to help build your case.
Not Contacting the Police
A police officer can take a written statement from you about the accident. The officer can also help protect you if the other driver becomes angry or volatile. If the other driver is drunk or under the influence of drugs, the officer can take the steps necessary to handle the situation safely.
Forgetting to Get All of the Other Driver’s Information
If a driver lacks insurance or has something to hide, he or she may try to keep important information from you. Before leaving the accident scene, make sure you have gathered the following details about the other driver:
- Driver’s License Number
- Name and Address
- Phone Number
- Car Insurance Company Name
- License Plate Number and Type of Car
Not Looking Around for Nearby Witnesses
If you notice there are witnesses who saw the accident happen, ask if you can have their name and contact info. Witnesses can be especially useful in the event you take the other driver to court for financial compensation. A bystander’s statement of the car crash can have more weight than a passenger who was in the car, but already has a relationship with you. Turn over all of the information from witnesses to your auto accident lawyer in Deer Park, TX from John K. Zaid and Associates, no matter what the witness told you.
Stating or Accepting Blame
Never talk about who was to blame when you are at the scene of the accident. You may believe it was your fault, but there might be important details you are not yet aware of. Additionally, by reacting with emotion and blaming the other driver, it can escalate the situation. Contact an auto accident lawyer in Deer Park, TX from John K. Zaid and Associates without delay.
Contact a Respected Auto Accident Lawyer Deer Park, TX Offers
Contact our law office to schedule a free case review with a knowledgeable auto accident lawyer Deer Park, TX clients recommend from John K. Zaid and Associates.