Animal Bite Lawyer Houston, TX
When you are seeking an animal bite lawyer in Houston, TX, you should consider John K. Zaid & Associates. Guided by a diligent zeal to protect the rights of victims and their loved ones, our firm has successfully won claims and lawsuits exceeding millions of dollars in damages. Animal bite claims tend to be rife with challenges, and any attempt to pursue damages on your own could result in frustration, lost time, and money. At John K. Zaid & Associates, we handle 99% of personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis; meaning, you will not have to pay anything up front. To schedule an initial case review, call a Houston, Texas animal bite lawyer today.
When You’ve Been Bitten By A Dog
As a dog bite lawyer Houston, TX has to offer, we find that many of the clients we work with have been bitten by a dog. These are common and can occur for a large number of reasons. Whether or not you will have the right to pursue damages will largely depend on the circumstances of the case. A majority of dogs are friendly, or will bark before they bite; however, attacks are possible and often occur because of one of the following:
- The dog was protecting its owner and its property
- The dog was guarding its belongings (i.e. toys) or food
- The dog was unintentionally or intentionally frightened
- The dog was unintentionally or intentionally provoked
- The dog was injured
- The dog was sick
- The dog was mistreated or improperly trained which led to aggressive behavior
- The dog was aggressive
The aforementioned are only some of the reasons for dog bites to occur. To proceed with filing a claim, your animal bite lawyer in Houston, TX will need to prove liability. Usually, the owner of the dog will be responsible for the dogs’ actions; however, there are exceptions, such as:
- The owner of the dog is a minor
- The owner relinquished care of the dog to another party
- A landlord rented the property to the dogs’ owners even though he or she was aware of the potential dangers of the animal
- The dog was trespassing on another property and the owner of that property knew it, but did not have the dog removed
It is also possible that no one is liable; therefore, filing a personal injury claim may not be possible. As an animal bite lawyer in Houston, TX might explain, if any of the below elements are true to your case, you may not be able to recover compensation. Bear in mind, you should always speak with a lawyer before assuming anything.
- You were trespassing on the property and was bitten
- You had broken and entered into a house where you were bitten
- You were provoking the dog before it bit you
- You caused injury to the dog prior to it biting you
No matter what happens, if a dog, or any animal, bit you, call a Houston, TX animal bite lawyer from John K. Zaid & Associates.
Injuries That May Be Sustained in a Dog Bite
Dog bites can include mild to moderate injuries, as well as, those that are severe or life-threatening. In addition to physical injuries directly related to the bite, exposure to rabies or other diseases is possible. When the bite came from certain breeds, such as French Bulldogs, Pit Bulls, or Rottweilers, the injuries are often significantly worse. Dog bite injuries may include:
- Severe Bruising
- Broken Bones
- Dermal Abrasions
- Torn Muscle Tissue
To explore your legal rights and options, please call an animal bite lawyer in Houston, TX today.