Construction Site Accident Lawyer Houston, TX
Construction Site Accident Lawyer Houston, TX
A Houston, TX construction accident lawyer understands just dangerous construction sites can be. Construction workers are often required to operate powerful equipment, climb significant heights, and even work along the side of roads where accidents can happen all too easily. However, just because the construction field comes with inherent risks, this doesn’t mean that workers don’t deserve to be taken care of if those risks result in an accident.
If you are a construction worker who is dealing with an injury or illness that developed as a result of a construction accident, now is the time to meet with an experienced Houston, TX construction site accident lawyer at John K. Zaid & Associates about how our firm can be of help. You may be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits and/or you may be able to file a legal claim to gain access to other kinds of compensation that you may deserve to be awarded.
Examples of Construction Site Injuries
There are perhaps an unlimited number of ways that construction workers can get hurt. A worker may get burned, cut, hit, zapped, or struck by an object. No matter what circumstances contributed to your accident, a Houston, TX construction site accident lawyer can help. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) identifies these as the leading causes of injuries for those who work on construction sites:
- Trench Collapse: if a trench collapses, a worker can get buried alive, suffer crushing injuries to bones, or have their supply for air cut off.
- Falling From Heights: a construction worker may fall from weak scaffolding, off a building, or from equipment that raises them up high mechanically. Workers may also fall from ground level into ditches or holes that were created by the construction project.
- Collapsed Scaffolding: construction workers often have to put up scaffolding so they can work up high and around a building exterior. But not all scaffolding is built correctly, so it can collapse under pressure.
- Electric Shock: construction workers frequently use power tools, work with generators, and around electrical wiring, so electric shock can occur.
- Repetitive Motion Injuries: if the same motion is performed over and over again, workers can develop injury of their tendons, muscles, and soft tissues.
- Failed Protective Gear: even the most cautious worker can get hurt if they use protective gear that is so worn that it no longer protects properly. Employers must be held accountable for lack of useful safety gear and protocols.
Along with these injuries and accident scenarios listed above, there may be an instance where a coworker, employer, or third party (such as an equipment manufacturer) had caused an accident to happen. If this is the case, then it’s best to consult with your Houston, TX construction site accident lawyer about how to handle this situation in the most effective way possible. Again, it rarely matters how an accident occurs… if you’ve been injured while on the job, you can benefit from speaking with a Houston, TX construction site accident lawyer to explore your legal options. Call John K. Zaid & Associates now!
Being in a construction accident can be extremely serious, as a construction site accident lawyer Houston, TX relies on understands. A construction site can be one of the most dangerous places a person can work in or walk by and the injuries a person sustains may be so serious that they are life-threatening. We know that when you are dealing with the repercussions of an injury from a construction site, you will want to work with an attorney who can handle the legal aspects of your case while you recover and get the physical and emotional help you need. Call John K. Zaid & Associates for more information on how we can help with a construction site injury.
Why are construction site accidents unique?
These types of accidents are unique because construction sites present more problems than a typical job. When you go into the office for your 9-5, you will be less at risk for serious injuries than you would be if you worked at a construction site. Some of the unique risks there are with construction jobs are:
- Having an object fall on you
- Falling from a great height
- Being electrocuted
- Being burned
- Being stuck between objects or equipment
- Being injured by heavy machinery
Our construction accident lawyer Houston, TX trusts knows that the injuries you get from an accident on the job could result in permanent disability.
Can I file for workers’ compensation?
Most states require employers to have some type of workers’ compensation insurance. However, Texas does not have these same rules and you will want to check with your company to see if it has workers’ compensation insurance and if you qualify for these benefits. If you find that your employer does not carry this type of insurance, then you can speak with your attorney about filing a personal injury lawsuit to get compensation for the injuries you are suffering from. When you file for workers’ compensation benefits, you will not need to show that your employer was in the wrong to get these benefits. However, if you choose to file a personal injury lawsuit you will need to show that you were owed a duty of care and that your employer breached that duty.
If you would like to learn more about filing a claim after a construction site accident, reach out to our Houston, Texas construction site accident lawyer for more information. Call John K. Zaid & Associates today!