Rental Car Accident Lawyer Houston, TX
If you were renting a car and got into an accident, you need the help of a rental car accident lawyer Houston, TX recommends. Renting a car has never been easier, but even if you are renting a very safe car, you are still susceptible to getting into car accidents. While it may feel safe to be driving in a rental car, especially one that touts the latest safety features and comes highly recommended with good reviews, getting into an accident can happen. When this happens, it is often confusing when you are the one renting the car, even if you believe the other driver is responsible or liable for your injuries. The rental car accident lawyer in Houston, Texas from John K. Zaid & Associates knows that getting into an accident while renting a car can be scary and frustrating, but we are here to help you navigate the best thing to do after the accident has occurred. Below, you will find more information on what steps you should take after a rental car accident and how an auto accident lawyer Houston, TX relies on can determine responsibility in this type of accident.
What to do First
A rental car accident lawyer in Houston, Texas knows that when you are in a rental car accident, you should consider it like any other car accident you have been in. The first steps you should take are:
- Check Yourself For Injuries. Determine if you can move and if you can, check on other passengers. If you are unable to move, call 9-1-1 immediately to send an ambulance to the scene. Your safety is of the utmost importance.
- Call 9-1-1. Many people think that if they have only suffered from minor injuries they do not need to call the police. However, many states require you to call the police if there are any injuries. Additionally, you will find it useful to have a police report written up after the accident.
- Get Others’ Information. It is always important to get other people’s information. You should gather your passengers’ information as well as the other driver’s information so that you have what you need to make a claim.
- Contact Our Office. You should contact our office as soon as possible so that we can help you with your rental accident case. Insurance can become tricky with these types of accidents and we want to make the process as smooth as possible.
Whose Insurance Can You Count on?
When it comes to a rental car, you and your Houston rental car accident lawyer can go over the details of the accident to determine who is at fault. It is important to note that when you are choosing which car you want to rent, the rental company will likely ask you if you want any insurance coverage and what type of insurance coverage you want. In some instances, you may be covered under your credit card, your own insurance company, or the rental car company’s insurance. It is also very important that you contact the rental car company regarding your accident as soon as possible.
If you are currently recovering from a rental car accident and would like to speak with a Houston, TX rental car accident lawyer from John K. Zaid & Associates, please call us now.
If you have been involved in a rental car accident, you may want to talk with a rental car accident attorney Houston, TX has to offer. These kinds of collisions can be especially complicated particularly due to the extra party involved (i.e. the rental company). To learn about what you should do while protecting your rights and interests, call John K. Zaid & Associates.
Houston is one of the most heavily visited cities in Texas, and a popular destination for vacation-goers from around the country (and even world)! Every year, tens of thousands of people visit the city. As such, rental cars are very common on the roadways. This can lead to some drivers feeling uncomfortable in a new, unfamiliar location, and while driving an unfamiliar car. The mixture of unfamiliarity can cause drivers to be vulnerable and more prone to an accident. Not surprisingly, rental car accidents are common.
What you should understand right now is do your best to relax. Collisions happen – even while on vacation, and rental car agencies know this. As a rental car accident attorney in Houston, TX might tell you, rental companies include these kinds of contingencies in the rental agreement. This is why it is so important to review all of your documentation as soon as you rent the car. Find out what your coverage is, and whether you will be responsible for anything.
What You Should Do After an Accident in a Rental Car
You probably want to resume your vacation, if you are on one, get back to your business, or start your recovery without having to worry about dealing with your rental car accident claim. An auto accident lawyer Houston, TX provides, such as John K. Zaid & Associates can likely help you. To get started, consider these steps to take:
- Find out whether anyone in your vehicle, or another vehicle has been injured, and as long as it is safe to do so, move the vehicle off the road. If it is not safe, remain where you are and stay inside the vehicle (as long as it is safe).
- If there are injuries, call 911. You should also call the police to ensure they come to the scene.
- If you are able to do so, inspect the vehicle and take pictures of the car, the other driver’s car, the scene, the surroundings, anything that might seem relevant, and your injuries. The more, the better.
- Get medical attention, and be sure to tell your doctor of any pain you are feeling.
- Gather all of your documentation. This includes the police report, rental car agreement, insurance details, and the other drivers’ documentation.
- You will need to report the accident to the rental car agency. You will also very likely have to fill out some paperwork. Depending on the circumstances, you may be given another car.
- You should call your own insurance company to let them know what happened. They will explain what information is needed, and if you don’t understand something, you can call a rental car accident attorney in Houston, TX.
- If the vehicle needs to be towed, it is prudent to get specific details from the towing company. This includes the location of the vehicle, the cost of storing it, and the cost of towing it. You should communicate this to the rental car agency, and perhaps even beforehand as they may have a preferred body shop.
Keep all of your receipts and bills, as this will be needed by the insurance company, rental car company, and/or rental car accident attorney in Houston, Texas.
If you were involved in an accident with a rental car, you should speak to a rental vehicle accident lawyer Houston TX residents trust. Rental car accidents aren’t as straightforward at regular car accidents because there may be more than one party at fault. An experienced lawyer can help you file a timely claim and ensure your legal rights are protected.
Steps to Take After a Rental Vehicle Accident
As with any type of accident, it’s normal to feel shaken up after a collision with a rental car vehicle. However, the steps you take immediately afterward can have a big impact on the compensation you receive.
- Obtain Contact and Insurance Information from the Driver: The first step you should take after an accident is to ask the rental car vehicle driver for his or her contact and insurance information. Make sure to get their full name, phone number, address, driver’s license number, rental car company name and insurance policy. This information is essential to have if you decide to file a lawsuit with the help of an auto accident lawyer in Houston, TX.
- Contact the Police: Call the police so that they can come to the scene and make an accident report. The report will include important information about the accident, such as when and where the accident occurred and who was at fault. Remember to obtain a copy of this report for your records.
- Seek Medical Care: Even if you don’t have any visible injuries, you should still see a doctor as soon as possible. Some injuries don’t have obvious symptoms at first and you don’t want to put your health at risk. A doctor will assess your injuries and then recommend the appropriate treatment.
- Look at Your Car Insurance Policy: If the accident was caused by the rental vehicle driver, you won’t be liable for any damages. However, you should still talk to your car insurance provider, as some bodily injuries may be covered by your insurance company.
- Hire a Lawyer: Accidents involving rental car vehicles can be tricky, so it’s important to work with a rental vehicle accident lawyer in Houston TX. He or she can help you gather the necessary evidence to prove your claim and improve your chances of obtaining fair compensation.
Will the Rental Vehicle Company Cover the Damages?
The rental vehicle company might or not be responsible for your damages. For example, if the driver purchased a collision damage waiver, the rental vehicle company will likely be held liable for your injuries and property damage.
If you are the victim of a rental car accident, you should schedule a consultation with a rental vehicle accident lawyer in Houston TX. Contact John K. Zaid & Associates today.