Animal Bite Lawyer Houston, Texas
Animal Bite Lawyer Houston, TX
Our Houston, TX Animal Bite Lawyer Holds Dog Owners Accountable for Damages
If someone’s dog bit you and caused a serious injury, you have the legal right to hire a Houston, TX animal bite lawyer to hold the owner responsible for your medical bills and other damages. John K. Zaid & Associates is a law firm that focuses on personal injury cases. Our animal bite lawyer represents clients in the Houston, TX area who were severely injured by someone else’s dog. We also represent parents of children who were injured in this way. Dog bites are often serious, sometimes fatal, and always require some degree of medical attention. When our dog bite lawyer in Houston, TX takes on a new client, one of the first concerns is making sure that all of their injury related damages are considered for compensation. This usually includes all related medical bills and possibly cosmetic surgery as well. It may even include counseling. Every case is different so a careful review is in order. You can begin this process by calling our Houston, TX office to schedule a free consultation with our animal bite lawyer.
Examples of Compensable Dog Bite Damages
Children compromise the largest number of dog attack victims. The resulting damage is typically catastrophic. If the attack is not fatal, the child may be subject to such severe injuries that they may never fully recover. Dog attacks on adults can be just as severe. Our dog bite lawyer is familiar with all manner of attacks throughout the Houston, TX area. The resulting damages can be so significant that without legal representation, victims and their families may not recover the full portion of their losses. Some of the many types of damages that the victim may suffer include the following:
- Deep cuts to the face, neck, and chest.
- Puncture wounds where the dog made contact with the victim.
- Life-threatening infection from the dog bite wounds.
- Broken hip or other bones resulting from the victim being abruptly forced to the ground by the dog.
- One or more cosmetic surgeries.
- Pain and suffering.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder and the need for counseling to treat it.
- Loss of income while recovering from the injuries.
- Artificial limb in cases where the dog attack severed a limb or the damage was so significant that it had to be surgically removed.
- One or more surgical procedures.
- Medical equipment such as a wheelchair, shower bench, addition of a wheelchair ramp to the family home, modifications to the victim’s vehicle to enable them to operate it.
The One Bite Rule in Texas
Your animal bite lawyer in Houston, TX can provide you with more specifics as they apply in your particular case, but Texas law follows what is known as the “one bite rule.” This has to do with what is referred to as strict liability in legal terms. What it means is that if a dog has already bit someone, or attempted to bite someone, and the owner is aware of this, then they can be held strictly liable for all of the current dog bite victim’s damages.
Learn how our animal bite lawyer in Houston, TX can help you recover from horrible tragedy by calling us today.