Dog Bite Lawyer Houston, TX
Dog Bite Injury
Finding a Respected Dog Bite Lawyer Houston, TX Trusts
A Houston, TX animal bite lawyer knows just how serious any kind of animal bite can be. You may be at a friend’s house or simply walking by a person’s property, and when you see a furry little pet you likely assume they are friendly, especially if they aren’t showing any signs of aggression. If you are at a person’s house and there are no warning signs or they have not told you that their pet dog bites, you probably think it is perfectly fine to interact with them. In many cases, you have probably already asked the owner if it is fine to play with their pet or if their pet is friendly. However, even friendly and docile pets can bite under certain circumstances. When this happens, an animal bite can quickly become a serious medical issue and may even put your life on the line. Because of how dangerous an animal bite can be, you should know what steps to take medically and legally after the bite occurred. Additionally, getting the help from an animal bite lawyer Houston, Texas trusts from John K. Zaid & Associates can help when you file a claim for compensation. For more information on what you should do after an animal bites you, keeping reading. To get in touch with a Houston animal bite lawyer you can trust, contact our office today.
The Crucial Next Steps: What a Texas Animal Bite Lawyer Recommends You Should Do After an Animal Bites You
While you may not be thinking of what your legal steps are immediately after someone’s animal has bitten you, it is imperative to think of what you need to do medically which can also help with your legal claim.
- Get Medical Care. Even if the pet owner says that their pet has the proper vaccinations, you should still see a medical professional for your injury, especially if the animal punctured your skin. Not only are many pets not up-to-date on their rabies vaccinations, but any type of puncture to your skin can cause a minor to severe infection. Take any pictures you need of your wounds before seeking medical help and continue documenting its healing process after seeing a doctor. Additionally, make sure your doctor understands what happened and gather any medical records necessary for your claim.
- Get Their Information. Similar to other types of personal injury accidents, always exchange information with the person who owns the pet that bit you. You will need to have their name, their address, and their contact information. This will make the process smoother when you or your attorney goes to verify what happened and whether the animal is up-to-date on their vaccinations.
- Report the Bite to Animal Control. When you file a report with your local animal control, it can ensure that no one else becomes a victim of an animal bite from this pet and any type of investigation they conduct can also strengthen your case.
- Gather Witnesses. If there were any witnesses at the scene of the animal bite, it is imperative that you get their names and contact information so your lawyer can get in contact with them when they need testimonies regarding a lawsuit or an insurance claim. Eyewitnesses can strengthen your case significantly and a dog bite lawyer Houston, TX relies on can speak with them to get details of the event.
- Document What Happened. This can come in the form of pictures and even writing down the pain level you are experiencing during the recovery process. You also want to document time spent away from work due to the recovery, your medical bills, and even travel costs.
How an Animal Bite Lawyer Houston, TX Counts on Can Help Your Case
For more information on what you can do after an animal has bitten you, contact a trusted Houston animal bite lawyer from John K. Zaid & Associates—call our office today!