Dog Bite Lawyer Houston, TX
Dog Bite Injury: Finding a Respected Dog Bite Lawyer Houston, TX Offers
If you are dealing with the emotional and physical wounds of a dog attack, consult a dog bite lawyer in Houston, TX from John K. Zaid & Associates. We work for the rights of the community and may be able to obtain for you from the dog’s owner. We take great pride in providing quality and compassionate legal services to victims, including those who were bitten by dogs and sustained a serious or fatal injury as a result.
Our legal team understands that you may still be suffering emotional trauma from the dog attack. At the same time, you may have significant medical bills from the injury and you may never recover completely due to scarring.
A dog bite lawyer in Houston, TX from John K. Zaid & Associates can represent you in a personal injury claim against the animal’s owner. A settlement from the owner or their insurance company can make it possible for you to get the medical attention you need, and possibly compensate you for your pain and suffering, as well.
When a Dog Attacks
It is not uncommon to be attacked by a dog you know or is a friend or neighbor’s family pet. An animal may bite someone as a response to feeling threatened or scared, even if the victim did not act aggressively toward the animal. A dog bite lawyer in Houston, TX from John K. Zaid & Associates can build a solid personal injury case on your behalf based on evidence and expert testimony.
Common Dog Bite Injuries
A dog bite injury can occur anywhere on the body. This is especially true if you fall during the attack and are not standing when the dog bites. Even if the victim tries to protect their head or face with their hands, in the dog’s frenzied attack actions, the head and face may be injured. These can be very serious and lead to lifetime scarring. Scarring can also result in emotional injuries as they will be a visual reminder of the horrific dog attack.
A dog bite lawyer in Houston, TX from John K. Zaid & Associates can seek emotional damages as well as physical damages, such as medical treatment. Even a dog bite on the hand can be catastrophic, especially if the victim experiences blood poisoning as a result of infection. Dogs are notorious for having a significant amount of enzymes in their saliva, which in open wounds often leads to infection. In the most extreme outcomes, the victim can die, suffer life-threatening illness, or loss of limbs.
A Free Consultation with a Dog Bite Lawyer Houston, Tx Relies on for Help
Give us a call today to speak with a dog bite lawyer in Houston, TX from John K. Zaid & Associates. An experienced attorney from our firm can review your dog bite case and determine if we may be able to help you get the compensation to which you are entitled from the dog’s owner.
When a Dog Bites or Attacks
Dogs are a commonly chosen type of domesticated pet throughout the community. Due to the frequency of occurrence, a dog bite is unfortunately likely to impact you or someone you know at some point in your life. For those who have been bitten or attacked by a dog, should consult with a personal injury attorney at John K. Zaid & Associates to look over their case.
It is the responsibility of the dog owner to ensure all people are safe in an environment around their pet. If a dog is known for acting unfavorably or aggressive in a specific situation, an owner must avoid that area for the safety of others. By choosing a Houston, TX dog bite lawyer from John K. Zaid & Associates, we can hold that person accountable for their lack of control over their animal. We believe you should seek compensation from the owner and for injuries along with pain and suffering.
What to Do After Being Bitten
1) See your doctor immediately following a dog bite. Wounds can result in infection, lacerations, scratches, and even broken bones.
2) Get the owner’s information before you leave the area. It may be difficult to track down the owner and they may try to flee the scene in order to avoid taking responsibility for their dog’s actions.
3) Call the police to make a report of the incident. This also is a written confirmation of who the owner is and their involvement in the accident so you can follow up in regards to repayment for medical costs.
4) Take photographs of your injuries so you have proof for your pain. Minor injuries can start to heal quickly, so it is important you act quickly. If your doctor performs x-rays on your injury site, ask for a copy so you can start a file in support of your case.
5) Gather witness contact information, so you can ask for their verbal support if your case goes to court. Having a witness on your side will be key, since ultimately without an observer it will be your word against the offenders.
6) Seek a dog bite lawyer to represent you. They can help with paperwork, speak up for you in court, and assist with the big tasks while you focus on your injury treatment.
By choosing a dog bite lawyer at John K. Zaid & Associates we can assist with every step in the process of your dog bite or attack claim. It is our passion to seek reprisal for those enduring pain at no fault of their own.
Call our office today to reach a qualified and compassionate dog bite lawyer Houston, TX clients recommend at John K. Zaid & Associates for immediate assistance. We are happy to speak with you over the phone or by scheduling an appointment for an in-person consult at your earliest availability. Your first consultation is free, so do not hesitate to seek legal protection from our law firm today.