Truck Wreck Lawyer Houston, TX
Truck Wreck Lawyer Houston, TX
Truck accidents happen every day, and when you are involved in one you need the help of a Houston, TX truck wreck lawyer from John K. Zaid & Associates. You may be on your way to the grocery store when someone taps your bumper. In some cases, an accident may not be a big deal and insurance is easy to square away. However, what happens when it isn’t so easy? Truck accidents can make things infinitely more complicated, especially as they are much more prone to cause the driver and passengers in the other car to become severely injured. When you are in a truck accident you should not leave getting compensation up to chance. You could be experiencing life-threatening injuries. Even if you are facing a shorter recovery period and time off work, you should still seek the legal guidance of our truck accident lawyer Houston, TX relies on. We want to help you after a traumatic truck accident.
What happens if I was partially at fault?
Even if you were partially at fault, you may still have a chance at suing the other party for compensation with the help of our truck wreck lawyer in Houston, Texas. Many states follow what is called “comparative negligence,” which means that if both parties are at fault, you may still have a shot at recovering compensation. For example, a judge may look at how much each party was at fault. So, if you were at fault 30% for the accident and the other party was at fault 70% for the accident, you can still recover compensation for your injuries.
How can I determine who is at fault?
This is a great question, and many of our clients are worried that they are unable to determine who is responsible. This is why it is so important to have a reliable, trustworthy Houston truck wreck lawyer on your side. We will interview you about the accident, interview eyewitnesses, and gather evidence from the crash scene to determine who was responsible for the truck accident and thus responsible for your injuries. In some cases, it may not be the truck driver who is responsible. It could be:
- The manufacturer of the truck
- A government entity
- A contractor or employee
- The trucking company
Not all truck-car accidents are as obvious as they may appear at first, which is why you should have a truck wreck lawyer from Houston, TX who knows what to look for and knows which questions to ask.
Do I have to go to court?
No, and going to court will not always be the best option. In fact, it is entirely possible that we can work to settle outside of court or handle your case through mediation. However, if you are unfamiliar with these processes or do not have an attorney who can work with you to show you the best course of action, it can add much more stress to an already difficult situation.
If you would like to see how the truck wreck lawyer in Houston from John K. Zaid & Associates can help you with your truck accident case, please contact us now.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident, call a truck wreck lawyer Houston, TX knows and respects. Fully loaded trucks can weigh up to 80,000 pounds. Passenger vehicles weigh only a fraction; with the average being 2,800. You don’t have to be a math expert to understand how much damage a large truck can do to a small vehicle. The impact of a collision, including one that is at low speeds, can be devastating.
Texas Truck Wreck Lawyers
John K. Zaid & Associates has years of experience. Since 2002, we have been helping victims of accidents recover compensation they need and deserve. Voted as top national trial lawyers, and having recovered millions in damages, you can count on our firm to get you results. Call a truck accident lawyer Houston, TX offers for help right now.
We Advocate for Victims’ Rights
Injuries sustained in a truck accident often require months or years of treatment. For some, life will never be the same. In addition to thousands of dollars in medical bills, working might be impossible. Returning to a career could be very difficult, and engaging in once-enjoyed activities may no longer be an option. Losses go beyond financial, and can affect the victim on a deeply-rooted emotional and physical level. Our truck wreck lawyers in Houston, TX understand this and will do our best to ensure every single loss is considered and included in your case. In addition to this, we protect clients against the scrupulous tactics used by insurance adjusters. We know your rights and your interests, and we are well aware that it is possible to be taken advantage of. Count on us to be your legal advocate, confidant, and system of support. By choosing John K. Zaid & Associates, your rights and interests will be protected.
Who Is At Fault?
When it comes to truck wrecks, there are often many factors. We take time to examine all available evidence, and ask questions about who, what, where, when, and how. It is this precise analysis that allows us to pinpoint the liable party. Examples of these parties include:
- The truck driver
- The truck company
- A truck manufacturer
- A truck maintenance company
- A warehouse that loaded the truck
- + More
Once we identify the responsible party(ies), we’ll attempt to determine the cause of the accident. Examples include:
- Distracted driving
- Overloaded trucks
- Tire blowouts
- Driver error
- Lack of training
- Poor maintenance
- Brake problems
- Falling debris
What if a Third Vehicle Was Involved?
Many truck accidents involve more than one vehicle. For instance, a semi-truck and two cars. If there were more than one vehicle in your accident, it will take the diligence of a truck wreck lawyer in Houston, TX to review the facts of the case. By doing so, he or she can determine whether the third-party driver is in anyway at fault.
If you would like to speak with a truck wreck lawyer in Houston, Texas, or are ready to pursue compensation, call John K. Zaid & Associates.
If you were injured in a truck accident, consult a truck wreck lawyer Houston, TX residents trust. A truck accident can result in high medical and lost wages, and you deserve to be compensated for that. An experienced lawyer can help you file a timely claim against the truck driver and trucking company.
Common Truck Accident Injuries
Trucks are much larger and heavier than other vehicles on the road, so they are more likely to cause severe injuries in the event of an accident. Here are some of the most common truck accident injuries:
- Head Injuries: Head injuries are the most severe type of injury truck accident victims can endure. These injuries often occur when they hit their hit against the dashboard or other part of the vehicle. Initial symptoms of head injuries include headaches, nausea, vision problems and confusion. Head injuries can cause long-term damage or even death, so they should be evaluated by a doctor immediately.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: If the spinal cord gets injured during a truck wreck, it could cause temporary or permanent paralysis in one or more parts of the body. Symptoms of a spinal cord injury include muscle weakness, loss of feeling in the chest, arms or legs and breathing problems. Most spinal cord injuries require long-term rehabilitation and surgery.
- Burns: A truck accident lawyer Houston, TX residents trust has represented many truck accident victims with burn injuries. Because commercial trucks carry large amounts of fuel, the fuel tank can explode during a collision. When this occurs, victims can endure burn injuries, which are painful and can cause disfigurement.
- Back Injuries: The force of the impact of a truck accident can also result in back injuries. These injuries can affect the spinal cord, discs or muscles throughout the back and often result in long-term impairment. Back injuries can cause incredible pain and make it difficult to perform basic tasks.
- Broken Bones: People who brace themselves against parts of their vehicle before a truck accident or are thrown out of the vehicle can break bones in their legs, arms, wrists or ribs. Broken bones cause excruciating pain and take long to recover from. If a bone is broken in more than one place, surgery may be necessary.
Filing a Lawsuit
If you want to pursue a truck accident lawsuit, it’s critical to have a truck wreck lawyer in Houston, TX on your side. Truck accident cases are more complex than regular car accident cases, so you want to work with someone knowledgeable and experienced. He or she will help you identify all the responsible parties, such as the truck driver, trucking company and truck manufacturer, and stand up for your legal rights.
If you’re the victim of a truck accident, schedule a consultation with a truck wreck lawyer in Houston, TX today. Contact John K. Zaid & Associates now.