Truck Accident Lawyer Houston, TX
After being involved in a truck accident, you might feel an immense amount of physical pain and copious emotional distress. Your life may have changed forever. To add to this, medical bills may be piling up and you may have been told by doctors that returning to work is not possible at this time. As a truck accident lawyer Houston, TX families trust, we are familiar with this scenario and empathize with what you may be going through. What we, at John K. Zaid & Associates, would like you to understand is that there may be a way to recover monetary damages.
If negligence was a factor in your truck accident, and the driver or company of the truck is liable, you may file a personal injury claim against them. If this is something you are interested in, please call a truck accident lawyer in Houston, TX.
What You Should and Should Not Do After a Truck Accident
Truck accidents tend to lead to stress, confusion, and vulnerability. You may be more prone to errors, especially those associated with what happened. It is important you understand what you should and should not do following your accident. If you don’t understand, or would like further clarification, please call John K. Zaid & Associates to speak with a Houston, Texas truck accident lawyer.
- Call 911 and/or the police
- Get immediate medical attention
- Take pictures of the scene (as long as you can do so)
- Get witness details and contact information
- File a police report (if one was not filed)
- Remain calm
- Follow your doctor’s orders
- Complete your treatment
- Call a truck accident lawyer in Houston, TX
- Delay in getting medical attention
- Wait to see what happens
- Accept any liability without talking to a lawyer
- Apologize for any potential error or mistake
- Accept an under the table offer
- Sign anything from the insurance companies
- Post information or details about what happened on social media
In general, truck accidents lead to catastrophic injuries. Therefore, you may not be able to take pictures or get witness details. This is okay. Your medical care should be the number one priority. As soon as possible, call a truck accident lawyer in Houston, TX. In the event of incapacitation or death of a loved one, family members can also call John K. Zaid & Associates to explore their legal options.
What We Can Do For Our Clients
When people choose to retain our firm, John K. Zaid & Associates, they can feel peace of mind in knowing their case is in good hands. Our efforts can be considerable, and include:
- A full investigation of the scene
- Calling upon reconstructionists to rebuild the scene
- Contacting witnesses for a sworn statement
- Utilizing expert witnesses to assist in our defense
- Reviewing any police reports
- Communicating with the insurance company
- Help you to arrange a medical lien
Up to half of the truck accidents involve negligence on the part of the driver, company, manufacturer, or other parties. Regardless of what happened, if you believe negligence was involved, call a truck accident lawyer in Houston, TX today.