Truck accident lawyer Houston, TX
Do I Have a Strong Truck Accident Case?
Only an experienced truck accident lawyer can determine the strength of your truck accident case – and help you strengthen it. We specialize in representing clients with several forms of accident related cases, including truck accidents. We are familiar with Houston courts, judges and their staff. Contact our Houston, TX truck accident lawyer from John K. Zaid & Associates as soon as possible after you sustain injuries in a trucking accident.
It shouldn’t surprise you to learn that the strength of your case, and therefore the amount of compensation you can expect to receive, depends on the amount and quality of the evidence you have to substantiate your claim for damages. You may be able to collect some of this evidence immediately after the accident if you’re not too injured to do so. Your lawyer can then gather additional evidence when he or she investigates the accident and reviews your medical records.
Collect Accident Scene Evidence
If at all possible, do the following immediately after your accident:
- Get the name, address and phone number of the truck driver.
- Get his or her driver’s license state and number.
- Get the truck’s license plate state and number.
- Get the name and contact information for the company the driver works for.
- Get the name and contact information for the insurance company whose policy covers the driver’s employer.
- Get the names and phone numbers of any witnesses to the accident.
- Take photos of the accident scene and of all vehicles involved in the crash, paying particular attention to their makes, models, colors and indications of both prior and new damage.
- Make a police report and find out when and how you can obtain a copy of it.
Get Medical Help
Even if you don’t think you’ve suffered serious injuries, now is not the time to tough things out. Go to the emergency room as soon as possible after the accident so that a qualified trauma doctor can assess your condition and run diagnostic tests. Seeking immediate medical help not only benefits your health, but also strengthens your truck accident case.
Stay Off Social Media After the Accident
Don’t post any information about the accident or photos of yourself, your vehicle or the accident scene on social media. In fact, your wisest course of action is to stay off social media entirely until your case concludes. Why? Because you may be sure that the truck driver’s insurance company claims adjusters will be looking for evidence that you’re not as injured as you claim to be. Don’t inadvertently give them ammunition to use against you.
Let Your Lawyer Handle Your Case
Don’t press your lawyer for a quick settlement. Let him or her use the experience he or she has gained over the years to properly do the job you hired him or her to do; i.e., get you the maximum possible compensation. Contact John K. Zaid & Associates today to request a free case evaluation.