Houston Nursing Home Abuse Attorney
If you suspect your loved one is the victim of nursing home abuse, you need to speak with a Houston nursing home abuse attorney from John K. Zaid & Associates. When you make the decision to put your loved one in a nursing home, it’s not easy. You want to make sure they are properly cared for by competent and trained staff. The last thing you want is to see them injured.
But all too often, this happens. Even when you’ve done your research and selected the best option available, mistakes are still made and accidents still happen. A nursing home abuse lawyer Houston, TX can help when your loved one is being abused.
Common Types of Nursing Home Abuse
A nursing home abuse attorney in Houston, Texas knows that nursing home abuse comes in many shapes and sizes. It can also be intentional or accidental. Either way, it’s traumatic and should never happen.
Common types of nursing home abuse include:
Each of these types of abuse manifests itself in different ways. All of them tragic.
Signs to Look Out For
When your loved one is in a nursing home and you suspect abuse, there are certain signs you can look out for that will help you determine if your loved one is being abused.
- Open wounds
- Poor hygiene
- Dirty clothing
- Weight change
- Emotional withdrawal
- Change in behavior
- Unexplained financial transactions
These aren’t the only signs that abuse is occurring but they are common signs you need to be aware of. You are the advocate your loved one needs when you spot warning signs. But who helps then?
At John K. Zaid & Associates, we have a trusted nursing home injury lawyer in Houston and we are here to help you. Our goal is to make sure your loved one’s suffering stops immediately, they are placed in a facility that properly cares for them, and they receive compensation for their injuries.
Steps to Take
If you suspect nursing home abuse of your loved one, a Houston nursing home abuse attorney recommends taking these steps:
- Record their Injuries – Take pictures and recordings of their injuries so you can refer to them later to see if they are improving or getting worse
- Keep Detailed Documentation – Visit your loved one often and keep detailed records of who comes and goes from their room and how their injuries look
- File a Report – Filing a report with the facility will help to document your concerns and make sure the facility takes swift action
- Contact Us – We are respected Houston nursing home abuse attorneys who are compassionate and understanding of your situation while aggressively going after the party who has caused harm to your loved one
Compassionate Help for You
What you’re looking for right now is help. And we have the experience to provide it for you and your loved one. We have helped many clients just like you.
Through no fault of your own, your loved one has been injured and possibly taken advantage of by someone else. This is a tragic situation. The only thing worse is to let it continue.
By having a trusted and seasoned nursing home lawyer on your side, you can rest easy knowing that your loved one’s best interests are at heart. We are the compassionate and aggressive legal representation you and your loved one deserve. Contact John K. Zaid & Associates today for a Houston nursing home abuse attorney.