Car Accident Lawyers Houston, TX
Car Accident Lawyers – Houston, TX
Any car accident can be a traumatizing event, especially if it results in the injury of you or a loved one. Not only is the event itself significant enough to leave you whirling, but the consequences of an auto accident can affect your life for years to come. That’s why it’s essential to contact experienced Houston, Texas car accident lawyers who can walk you through your insurance claims process and assist you with filing a personal injury suit, if you choose to do so. Ensuring that you have access to any compensation you are entitled to will allow you to focus on healing.
If you’ve already set up your consultation with John K. Zaid & Associates and you’re preparing for your initial conversation with our firm, consider browsing some frequently asked questions about car accidents and car accident law. As you read through this information, write down any questions or concerns it might inspire. That way, you can easily reference your questions when you speak with our experienced Houston, TX car accident lawyers.
What should I do if I’ve been in an auto accident?
There are many steps that you should take following your accident. If you’ve just been in an accident, here are the things you should do immediately after, if possible:
- Move your vehicle(s) out of oncoming traffic, preferably a safe spot such as the shoulder or nearby parking lot, as soon as possible. More injury and damage can occur if you and your vehicle are still in harm’s way.
- Check on the other drivers and passengers.
- CALL 911. It’s important for police officers and first responders to be on scene after your accident, especially if there have been injuries. If you or anyone else has been injured, seek medical attention as your top priority. Everything else can wait.
- Take photos of the accident. Alternatively, contact Houston, TX car accident lawyers and we will come out to document the scene if doing so is possible.
- Do not refuse medical attention. It is absolutely essential that you get yourself looked at by the on-scene medical professional. It is also important to have your own medical professional review your injuries and provide their own diagnosis.
- Follow your doctor’s instructions thoroughly, including taking any prescription, time away from work, etc.
- Speak with Houston, TX car accident lawyers. It’s crucial to get legal representation as soon as possible following your auto accident. Our firm will be able to give you detailed next steps and will be able to help you explore your legal options.
If my injuries aren’t that severe, do I even have a case?
If you suffered any type of injury as a result of the negligence of another person – in this case, the actions of the person at fault for your accident – then you most likely have a case worth pursuing. A Houston, TX car accident lawyer can explain the extent of your case in more detail during your consultation, including what our team believes you may be able to recover in damages.
Is there a time limit to filing my claim?
Generally, you have two years to file your auto accident/personal injury claim. However, to improve your chances and get the full amount that you’re entitled to, it’s imperative to contact an attorney as soon as possible after your accident to begin the filing process.
You undoubtedly have many more questions and that’s okay – just about everyone who has been in an auto accident will have at least one question they don’t have the answer to. Be sure to make a list of all your unanswered questions to bring with you to your consultation.