Car Accident Lawyer Houston, Texas
Car Accident Lawyer – Houston, TX
The legal team at John K. Zaid & Associates believes that pedestrians deserve to feel safe from harm as they go about their travels. Unfortunately, all too often careless drivers cause pedestrian accidents as a result of their negligent behavior. If you’ve been injured in a pedestrian accident, our Houston, Texas car accident lawyer team will fight relentlessly to get you the compensation you deserve from insurance companies and those responsible for the harm you have suffered. We understand that during this time you may be in severe physical pain, as well as mental anguish and financial hardship. We will do what is within our power to protect you from further loss, and see to it that justice is served.
Evidence After the Accident
If you were recently struck by a vehicle, chances are you were immediately in a profound amount of pain in the moments after your collision. Depending on the extent of your injuries, you may or may not have been able to get up and gather evidence at the scene before being shuttled away in an ambulance. If you didn’t have the opportunity to gather proof at the scene, here are some things you can do to preserve your legal options as soon as possible:
- Photograph your physical injuries, with a ruler to show the dimensions and from the direction of impact.
- Put away your shoes that you wore during the accident, as these may be used later as evidence. Gravel, oil, blood, or other debri may be analyzed during your case by an expert.
- Write down how the accident happened in your mind, through your perspective. Include any details regardless of how relevant you think they are now. There may have been other factors that contributed to the accident which you are not aware of yet.
- Get in touch with witnesses, either bystanders or the people who were with you at the time of the incident. Your Houston, TX car accident lawyer can interview them for an official statement.
Causes of Pedestrian Accidents
Rarely does a person walking on two feet actually cause a pedestrian accident. In today’s world, car drivers are often rushing to and from where they need to be, with little concern for others. If you’ve been struck by a negligent driver, you’re not alone. Examples of accident victims our Houston, TX car accident lawyer team is equipped to represent include (but are not limited to):
- Pedestrian victims of hit and run accidents
- Pedestrian victims of being hit by a bus, truck, or other vehicle
- Pedestrian victims of drivers having lost control and mounted the sidewalk
- Pedestrian victims who were struck because the car driver violated the rules of the road (such as running a red light, failing to stop at crossings, speeding, not looking for pedestrians before yielding, etc.)
As the victim of a pedestrian accident, please know that you are not alone in this. Let us help you by calling today to speak directly with a Houston, TX car accident lawyer about how we can be of assistance during this time. Call John K. Zaid & Associates today.