Who Is the Best Birth Injury Lawyer?
Who Is the Best Birth Injury Lawyer in Houston, TX
When a child is born, the most stressful part of the birth for any parent is the health of their new child. Ten fingers and ten toes is what all parents want to see. Unfortunately, not all parents get their wish. Many parents’ worst nightmares are revealed when their child is born. Regardless of the issue with their new child, parents are devastated. Depending on the severity of the issue, parents may quickly find themselves in very difficult times, both emotionally and financially. The worst part is that most birth injuries can be prevented.
Birth Injury Lawyers Can Help
Each Houston, TX birth injury lawyer of John K. Zaid & Associates is here for you during this extremely challenging time of uncertainty. Most birth injuries are preventable. Nurses, doctors, midwives, and other medical professionals are bound by an ethical and moral obligation to uphold the standard of care needed to safely bring a newborn into the world. Despite their best efforts, accidents happen. These accidents are usually the result of a lack of care during delivery. This negligence can cause you a lifetime of heartache.
Types of Birth Injuries
Birth injuries come in all forms. Some are less severe than others but all birth injuries are tragic. The most common birth injuries are:
- Cerebral Palsy: The most common symptoms are impaired movement and motor function, often caused by improper use of medical equipment
- Brachial Plexus injury: This is a group of nerves that stretches from the fingers to the spine and injuries can range from inability to make a fist all the way to spinal cord tears
- Cerebral Ischemia: This is commonly called reduced blood flow and can lead to death in as little as five minutes
- Cephalohematoma: Bleeding outside the skull caused by the use of medical forceps or other tools
- Persistent Pulmonary Hypertension of the Newborn: Occurs when oxygen doesn’t reach the brain and it can be caused by prescription medications given to the mother
- Wrongful Death: Conditions such as placenta previa, placental abruption, uterine rupture, and preeclampsia are all incidents that can occur during birth that may lead to the wrongful death of the mother or the baby
Having a baby who is so precious and innocent be subjected to such terrible lifelong impairments is a travesty. Fortunately, the lawyers of John K. Zaid & Associates have the skill required to ensure you and your baby get the attention you deserve. Compensation will not reserve the tragedy you and your baby have experienced but it can lift the burden of some of the economic challenges you face.
Contact a Houston Birth Injury Lawyer for Help
It can seem like too much effort and work to contact a birth injury lawyer. But if you don’t at least explore your options, you may regret it. The experienced attorneys of John K. Zaid & Associates have built a strong reputation for successfully helping clients just like you. We know how to give you the best chance of recovering compensation to help cover the expenses that lie ahead. So, if you have been asking, “Who is the best birth injury lawyer in Houston, TX,” contact us today for your evaluation and let us show you how we can help get you on the path to recovery.