Personal Injury Lawyer Deer Park, TX
Personal Injury Lawyer Deer Park, TX
Elements of a Successful Personal Injury Suit
Turn to a Personal Injury Lawyer Deer Park, TX Victims Trust
Have you been injured in an accident? Are you watching the bills from lost wages and outstanding medical bills pile up before your eyes? The next step may be to contact a personal injury lawyer in Deer Park, TX from John K. Zaid & Associates. The process of filing a personal injury suit can be stressful and full of complexities without a legal representative by your side. With the assistance of our experienced and dedicated legal team, you can feel confident that they will build a solid legal strategy that offers you the best chance for receiving a settlement.
Pursuing a Personal Injury Claim
When considering legal action against someone responsible for an accident that injured you, there is a legal process that most victims take. A personal injury lawyer in Deer Park, TX from John K. Zaid & Associates can guide you through the process and provide the legal insight you need to make informed decisions.
- Personal Injury Claim: This is usually the first step. A personal injury lawyer in Deer Park, TX from John K. Zaid & Associates will file a claim with the at-fault party’s insurance company. It will detail your injury-related medical costs, among other items. In many instances, this will lead to settlement negotiations between your attorney and the insurance company. If the insurance company agrees to a reasonable settlement amount, you will receive a check. If they refuse to offer a fair settlement, we will be prepared to take them to court in the form of a personal injury lawsuit.
- Personal Injury Lawsuit: Your personal injury lawyer in Deer Park, TX from John K. Zaid & Associates will file a civil lawsuit against the party responsible for your accident. The civil suit will outline the defendant’s behavior, the injuries you sustained as a result, and the damages you wish to collect. A judge and jury will determine if the defendant is guilty, and if so, how much money they must pay you.
Obtaining a Favorable Outcome
There will be several prerequisites that your attorney will look for when assessing your case and determining its validity. These are the elements that usually make up a successful personal injury case:
- Duty of Care: All people have a duty to ensure that others are not harmed by their negligence. For example, a business owner has a duty to ensure that their property is free from hazards that could harm someone.
- Breach of the Duty of Care: Your attorney will look to prove that the defendant did not uphold their duty of care. In a number of situations, you must be able to prove that the defendant was negligent in some way. For example, a business owner failed to repair a broken light fixture which subsequently fell and hit someone in the head, seriously injuring them.
- Causation: This is the process of proving that the defendant’s actions caused the injuries you sustained.
- Damages: You will need to prove that you suffered a loss of some kind as the result of the injury that you sustained. There are a number of damages you may seek for your personal injury, including:
- Lost wages.
- Medical expenses.
- Pain and suffering.
- Emotional suffering such as post-traumatic stress disorder or depression.
- Compensation for property that was lost or damaged.
Reasons It’s Important to Seek Medical Attention Following An Accident
When you leave your house in your car, the last thing on your mind is that you will become the victim of a car accident. There are probably a number of things going through your mind, it could be the list of errands you need to run, or perhaps you are worried you will be late for work. Before you know it, you have been struck by another driver. In an instant, everything can change.
In some cases, you may not even realize you have been injured immediately following a car crash. Perhaps you are hassled by the inconvenience, frustrated that you will now have to contend with the damage that has been done to your car. Car accidents can be overwhelming, it’s not uncommon for a victim to forget to care for themselves. No matter the reasons, John K. Zaid & Associates can attest that seeking medical attention is key for a variety of reasons:
Ensure You Receive the Treatment You Need
Taking care of yourself should be the your top priority. Dealing with damages done to a vehicle can result in an accident victim failing to take care of themselves. Obtaining the treatment needed after an accident can rule out more significant issues and ensure that you receive the medical treatment needed to manage your injuries.
Injuries Aren’t Always Immediate
Following an accident, your body will be pumping with adrenaline, which is a natural response when faced with a traumatic event. As a result, pain could be masked, leaving an accident victim to believe that they have not been injured. As the dust settles, it’s not uncommon for an accident victim to begin experiencing pain in the days following an accident. Common delayed symptoms include:
If you did not seek medical attention at the time of an accident, it’s imperative to do so. This is especially crucial if you begin to experience pain. It will be important that you receive the treatment you require and ensure that your pain is not the cause of a more serious issue.
When Left Untreated, Injuries Can be Fatal
Some of the most fatal injuries may not show symptoms immediately. Because of this, victims may walk away from an accident thinking they walked away unscathed. Injuries like internal bleeding or brain injuries can be potentially fatal. Should you notice symptoms associated with internal bleeding such as fainting, bruising or dizziness, you should immediately seek medical attention.
Questioning Your Claim
In order to prove an accident claim, it will be necessary to prove that the injuries a victim experienced were related to the accident. The longer a victim waits to seek medical treatment for an injury, the higher probability that the insurance company will question the validity of your claim. This is a primary reason it’s key to seek medical treatment immediately following a car accident. Additionally, a medical diagnosis can help to more easily prove your claim.
Refusing medical treatment or failing to obtain the proper diagnosis can have a potentially disastrous impact for multiple reasons. By failing to seek medical care, you put yourself at risk for not receiving the treatment you require. In addition, should you choose to proceed with an accident claim later on, it could be challenging to prove. Seek medical attention after an accident, and the help of John K. Zaid & Associates if you were injured in a car accident. We can help to value your claim and develop a strategy for moving forward.
A Personal Injury Lawyer Deer Park, TX Counts On
Don’t put yourself at risk of missing the statute of limitations before you explore your legal options. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Deer Park, TX from John K. Zaid & Associates John K. Zaid & Associates to learn how we can help you.