Personal Injury Lawyer Deer Park, TX
Personal Injury Lawyer Deer Park, TX
Elements of a Successful Personal Injury Suit
Turn to a Personal Injury Lawyer Deer Park, TX Victims Trust
Have you been injured in an accident? Are you watching the bills from lost wages and outstanding medical bills pile up before your eyes? The next step may be to contact a personal injury lawyer in Deer Park, TX from John K. Zaid & Associates. The process of filing a personal injury suit can be stressful and full of complexities without a legal representative by your side. With the assistance of our experienced and dedicated legal team, you can feel confident that they will build a solid legal strategy that offers you the best chance for receiving a settlement.
Pursuing a Personal Injury Claim
When considering legal action against someone responsible for an accident that injured you, there is a legal process that most victims take. A personal injury lawyer in Deer Park, TX from John K. Zaid & Associates can guide you through the process and provide the legal insight you need to make informed decisions.
- Personal Injury Claim: This is usually the first step. A personal injury lawyer in Deer Park, TX from John K. Zaid & Associates will file a claim with the at-fault party’s insurance company. It will detail your injury-related medical costs, among other items. In many instances, this will lead to settlement negotiations between your attorney and the insurance company. If the insurance company agrees to a reasonable settlement amount, you will receive a check. If they refuse to offer a fair settlement, we will be prepared to take them to court in the form of a personal injury lawsuit.
- Personal Injury Lawsuit: Your personal injury lawyer in Deer Park, TX from John K. Zaid & Associates will file a civil lawsuit against the party responsible for your accident. The civil suit will outline the defendant’s behavior, the injuries you sustained as a result, and the damages you wish to collect. A judge and jury will determine if the defendant is guilty, and if so, how much money they must pay you.
Obtaining a Favorable Outcome
There will be several prerequisites that your attorney will look for when assessing your case and determining its validity. These are the elements that usually make up a successful personal injury case:
- Duty of Care: All people have a duty to ensure that others are not harmed by their negligence. For example, a business owner has a duty to ensure that their property is free from hazards that could harm someone.
- Breach of the Duty of Care: Your attorney will look to prove that the defendant did not uphold their duty of care. In a number of situations, you must be able to prove that the defendant was negligent in some way. For example, a business owner failed to repair a broken light fixture which subsequently fell and hit someone in the head, seriously injuring them.
- Causation: This is the process of proving that the defendant’s actions caused the injuries you sustained.
- Damages: You will need to prove that you suffered a loss of some kind as the result of the injury that you sustained. There are a number of damages you may seek for your personal injury, including:
- Lost wages.
- Medical expenses.
- Pain and suffering.
- Emotional suffering such as post-traumatic stress disorder or depression.
- Compensation for property that was lost or damaged.
A Personal Injury Lawyer Deer Park, TX Counts On
Don’t put yourself at risk of missing the statute of limitations before you explore your legal options. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Deer Park, TX from John K. Zaid & Associates John K. Zaid & Associates to learn how we can help you.