Auto Accident Lawyer Houston, TX
Recovering from Broken Bones from a Car Accident
While broken bones might not be as life-threatening as traumatic brain injuries and other serious injuries that occur during car accidents, they are nothing to take lightly. Broken bones are extremely painful and can prevent you from doing your normal activities for a while. If you don’t get them treated properly, they can even result in infection and nerve damage. Whether you suffered broken bones in your legs or arms, there is treatment available. If these broken bones resulted from the negligence of another driver, you may be entitled to compensation. An auto accident lawyer Houston, TX victims depend on from John K. Zaid & Associates can evaluate your case and determine what damages you may be able to recover.
Treatments for Broken Bones
Fortunately, there are many treatment options available for broken bones. The type of treatment your doctor recommends will depend on the bone that was broken and how severe the injury is. Here’s a closer look at the different treatments:
- Implants: If a bone into more than one piece, implants may be necessary. With this treatment, your doctor will put pins, screws or metal plates to repair the bone.
- Framing: Bones that were shattered during a car accident may require framing to prevent them from shifting.
- Casts: If you broke an arm or leg, your doctor may have you wear a cast until it heals.
- Surgery: If your broken bone is very severe and does not heal through other measures, surgery may be necessary. During the procedure, a surgeon may have to remove bone fragments and dead tissue.
Speeding Up the Healing Process
Healing a broken bone does take quite a bit of time, so it is important to be patient. However, there are several steps you can take to speed up the healing process.
- Eat a Nutritious Diet: Bones require the right nutrients in order to heal properly. That’s why you should pay extra attention to what you eat during the recovery process. Fill your diet with lean meats, whole grains, dairy products, fruits, and vegetables.
- Get Plenty of Rest: When you sleep, your body will have a chance to repair the tissues in your bones. Try to get at least eight hours of sleep every night. If you feel tired during the day, don’t hesitate to take a nap.
- Quit Smoking: If you are a smoker, now is the perfect time to stop. Smoking tobacco slows blood flow to the bone, preventing it from getting the proper nutrients. If you continue to smoke with your broken bone, it will take a lot longer to heal.
Getting Compensation with the Help of a Houston, TX Auto Accident Lawyer
If you suffered broken bones in a car accident that was caused by another driver, you should speak to an auto accident lawyer in Houston, TX as soon as possible. He or she can review your case and determine the true value of your injuries. Your lawyer can help you obtain necessary evidence, identify witnesses and negotiate with the insurance company.
Many Texas auto accident lawyers offer free initial consultations, so you don’t have anything to lose by setting up a meeting with one.
To meet with an auto accident lawyer in Houston, TX from John K. Zaid & Associates for a free and confidential case evaluation, contact our office today.