Wrongful death law is a widespread and encompassing field of law, and any law firm that handles wrongful death law cases may handle cases that are in the following fields, though this is not an exhaustive list:
- Admiralty and maritime accidents
- Aviation accidents
- Auto wrecks, including head-on collisions, rear-end accidents, SUV rollovers and intersection crashes
- Bus crashes
- Catastrophic injuries such as spinal cord injuries, amputation and brain damage
- Defective products
- Environmental pollution and other issues
- Fires and explosions
- Food poisoning
- Medical malpractice, including birth injuries and injuries from dangerous drugs
- Motorcycle accidents
- Oil refinery and pipeline explosions
- Nursing home negligence
- Swimming pool accidents
- Truck accidents, including those caused by drunk or fatigued truck drivers, a failure to follow trucking regulations, defective equipment and inadequate truck maintenance
- Workplace injuries, including construction accidents, electrical accidents, mesothelioma and oil and gas accidents
It is a terrible thing when someone is killed because of the negligence of another person or per entity. Oftentimes surviving family members are going to stick to what the responsible party accountable by filing a wrongful death lawsuit. To file this lawsuit, they are going to want a wrongful death lawyer Houston, TX such as the ones available at Zaid Law.
While you are grieving you should not have to worry about anything else but grieving. Therefore you want a wrongful death lawyer in Houston, TX that is going to help take the workload off of you and give you time to go through your emotions.
There are many reasons why surviving family members may file a wrongful death lawsuit with a wrongful death lawyer in Houston, TX, and while this is not an exhaustive list it is an example of common reasons:
- Lost financial support and earning capacity of the deceased;
- Lost services and support the deceased would have provided;
- Lost comfort and companionship;
- Lost inheritance that would have existed had the victim lived a longer life;
- Emotional and mental pain and suffering, distress, and anguish of the surviving family members.
When it comes to suing for wrongful death and taxes, not every loved one is going to have the right to file a claim as the law specifically identifies the parties that are allowed to recover compensation for wrongful death. This means that unless you are the spouse by legal or common-law marriage, even if separated, you are the parents biological or adopted but does not include step parents or grandparents, or the children which includes adult children, biological or adopted, then you cannot file for wrongful death.
A wrongful death lawsuit can be filed against any person or company responsible for the duffel ongoing. Sometimes a wrongful death case can be filed against the government. When you are filing a wrongful death case you want a wrongful death lawyer in Houston, TX that is going to be ready for the complexity or severity of your case. Your lawyer should also understand the full interest of the of your case and be prepared to go to court if needed.