Best Hit and Run Accident Lawyer Houston, TX
If you’re the victim of a hit and run accident, you should talk to the best hit and run accident lawyer Houston, TX residents trust. What happened to you was unjust and you deserve to be compensated for that. Your lawyer can help you file a timely lawsuit and ensure your legal rights are protected.
Reasons Drivers Leave the Scene of a Car Accident
Although leaving the scene of a car accident is illegal, some drivers still choose to flee. Here are some of the most common reasons drivers leave the scene of an accident:
- Drunk Driving: Sometimes drivers leave the scene of a car accident because they’re too drunk to realize they even caused an accident. They could also be afraid that they’ll get charged with a DUI.
- Panic: In some situations, drivers panic that they caused an accident and just flee the scene. They may be afraid of the consequences they will face and get away from the area as soon as possible.
- No Insurance: As the best hit and run accident lawyer in Houston, TX can confirm, some drivers flee the scene of a car accident because they don’t have auto insurance. It’s against the law to drive without insurance, and they don’t want to face criminal charges for it.
- Outstanding Warrants: Drivers who know they have outstanding warrants may flee the scene of an accident to avoid getting arrested. The police officer who comes to the scene of the accident runs everyone’s driver’s license information and will find out who has warrants.
What to Do After a Hit and Run Accident
Being involved in a hit and run accident is shocking and scary. However, the steps you take immediately afterward will have a big impact on the amount of the compensation you receive.
- Call the Police: To hold the fleeing driver accountable for his or her actions, contact the police immediately. They will come to the scene of the accident and ask you questions about what happened. Tell them everything you remember about the vehicle that fled, including the color, make, model and license plate number. The more information the police have, the more likely they will catch the driver.
- Seek Medical Care: You might feel fine after the accident, but you should still see a doctor as soon as possible. Not all injuries show symptoms right away and you don’t want to put your health at risk.
- Hire a Lawyer: Car accident lawsuits can be very complex, so you want someone knowledgeable and experienced on your side. Your lawyer will help you fill out the paperwork, gather evidence, speak to witnesses and negotiate with the insurance company. If you’re wondering who is the best auto accident lawyer in Houston, TX, ask your family and friends for recommendations.
Contact the best hit and run accident lawyer in Houston, TX today.